Live near me GL6 9EQ ?

Hi Ben if you fancy a ride out one evening i dont mind meeting you about half way iam in between hereford and ledbury and have a tr4a with a 6 cylinder TR5/6 engine running on su carbs. only had for just over 2 years, so ive spent quite a bit of time, trying to gather information on them and getting an idea of values before i bought mine. i would guess we are about 40 miles apart, so happy to meet half way or if you want to make the full trip to mine, we can go for a good drive out and get it up in the shed for you to have a look at. when i was looking i had some fantastic advice from tr members and it certainly meant that when i found what i wanted i didnt end buying a bag of ****! i know you are looking for restoration, and you'll prob not but dont be fooled by the amount of hours and money that you can spend by these cars. i have nothing but total admiration for people who restore them, but in my case it was far far cheaper to buy one ready done! probably no where near as much fun but i think a little knowledge can be dangerous sometimes and no truer to car restoration!!

i do removals for a living and have done so most of my life, ive lost count of the number of projects ive seen going on in garages with rather fed up wives who will never get to be taken out in the summer evenings! best of luck pete

Hi Pete, Did you run yours with the 4 pot first then change to a 6 pot for more power ? or did it come like that ? I would be interested to know what differnce it makes in terms of acceleration, weight of steering and cornering. That 6 pot motor is famous for its weight though I doubt the 4 pot tractor engine is exactly in the K series class either :-). Does a 6 pot go straight in a TR4A or do you have to modify the chassis or bulkhead ? cheers Ben.

as far as i know it goes pretty much straight in . mine was fitted when i got it and as far as steering goes there is no problem but i do run about 33 psi in the tyres but the sound of the 6 pot is just fantastic pete

Hi Ben, I'm quite close to you, I'm in malmesbury and run the glavon website. Why not come along to one of our meets. Next one is tomorrow night at 8pm Hunters Hall between Dursley and Tetbury. Other dates are on the website www.glavontrs.co.uk

I have a Tr4a with photos on the website, happy to take you for a ride sometime

Bully