27 minutes ago, SuzanneH said:

I doubt the correct colour blue would be available in a can. Don’t forget it has to be matched exactly to the rest of the car.

Ken could match it, send him the vent flap and he will match it into an aerosol. https://www.carrestorationpaints.co.uk/

Stuart.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, Heavens above it passed the MOT with a very badly painted rear wing.   Had an interesting day today. I needed to spray the  rear wing from the TR4. I did this last week and it wen

Hi Folks, well that was quite prophetic !!!!!!  Lockdown on March 23rd certainly threw a spanner in the works, So after 8 months sleep the Blue Racer has risen and having risdid is now at ho

Hi Roger, I recently had the "opportunity" (not) to do some bodywork on and respray my rear wing. I bought a very cheap (customer return) small garden gazebo on ebay and put it up in my garage. I

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

well after a battle the boot lid is finally finished. I'll do a pic when it is fitted to the car.

I found the rubbing down near an edge was a disaster. I kept rubbing through.

Yesterday I gave  the lower edge 3 or 4 light spray coats to build up thickness that would not rub through so easily

Today I rubbed it down only with 2000 grit being very careful t stay just clear of the edge

Then polished down with G3 & G10 with a final polish with Autoglym

The final effect was not short of excellent.

It has taken ages  - apprx 1 month to trowel on paint and  they rub it  off.

Now I can get on with clever stuff now - electronics.

Roger

Edited by RogerH
typo
  • 2 weeks later...

Another admirer here. Keep them coming Roger.

Our hobby work makes you realise how fantastic the people in TV car-restoration programmes are, they can paint an entire car in under 2 minutes.

Cheers,
Waldi