Donington Park - Spring Bank Holiday

This coming weekend, the end of May Spring Bank Holiday, will see a number of TRs in action at Donington Park.

Sat & Sun is the Classic Sportscar Club Meeting which will feature:-

Saturday - Several TR7V8/TR8s in the Future Classics race, although the winner last time out at Brands, Martyn Adams, will not be at his home circuit as he's saving the car for a race at Spa in the next few weeks.

Sunday - Several TR4/TR5/TR6s in the Swinging 60s races, including myself.

Monday is the Morgan Sportscar Club meeting where several TR6s will be competing in the Thoroughbred Sportscar Championship, again including my car.

Any support from spectators is always appreciated. Come along if you can make it and visit the paddock to see the cars and drivers between races. Hope to see as many of you as possible.

Dave McDonald

Have you any idea what they are charging for admission ?

Nick

£14 per person.

Here

It does look good for the Sunday in particular.

Duxford, Curborough or Donnington - decisions, decisions....:unsure:

Regards

Peter

Good luck Dave - I trust the brakes are OK! I can remember a fiery moment at Don a few years ago giving a buttock clenching moment! Sorry I can't be there - will be suffering a week playing with the French TR down south!!

Alan

It must be awful for you having to miss Donington but have a Nice time in the TR6 down south.

Brakes now sorted, after much grief. Looking forward to a good weekend.

Nick/Peter

If you are interested in spectating, spare tickets might be available. Can't promise anyone but let me know no later than Fri evening if you want to come along and I'll see what I can do between myself and the other competing TR drivers.

Dave McD

I am entered in the Swinging 50s with Rob Cowing but at the moment I am on holiday in Spain and wondering whether we will make it back in time due to the Ash Cloud.

I am also racing at Mallory on Monday in the HRDC Grand Touring Greats race in the Jigsaw ex-works Rally Spitfire ADU 7B.

Its going to ba a busy weekend provided we make it back!!!

Mike

Hope you make it back to race at Donington and Mallory but if you get caught up in the Ash Cloud it will be awful for you having to stop in Spain!

I feel really sorry for both you and Alan Charlton in the South of France!!

If you are unable to return will Rob still show up in your car?

Good Luck

Dave

Dave

No he has got his own car although he is running in a new engine so might not be too pleased if he has to do the whole race in his car!!

Mike

Typing error Jon, should be Swinging 60's which is representative of the age of the cars competing, not the age of the drivers as someone asked me recently!

Now back safely from Spain without any delays but Mallory drive has been cancelled as one of the Jigsaw Spitfires had a bad crash on the road yesterday and has been withdrawn from the race. Pity I was really looking forward to racing a Spitfire especially such an historic car.

Mike

After a promising start in the Saturday Sportscar -v- Saloon race, the rest of the weekend turned to s---.

Threw a fan belt on lap 4 in Swinging 60s on Sunday whilst in 4th place. Resulted in a blown head gasket, cracked cylinder head, no race on Monday. and a lot of work to repair it.

The 2nd car in our two car team, Rob Roodhouse in his TR6 was only allowed to join Swinging 60s when pit window opened after 10 minutes so finished an ignominious last.

It can only get better from here.

Dave McD