It was Stiff now Floppy

Sorry Folks me again.

Over the last couple of weeks the choke on the 5 has been getting more and more difficult to pull out, new something was not right.

Well this evening rather than being stiff it suddenly went floppy. :(

Having had a quick look when we arrived home in the dark it looks as though the cold start cable has snapped right where it passes through the pin on the cold start cam ( hope that makes sense).

In daylight I hope to be able to re attach the cable although I guess it may now be too short, do not suppose I shall be able to get a new cable tmrw with all that is going off.

Am I correct in thinking the replacement cable is infact two cables one to the MU and one to the cold start rather than separate items. I suppose as I hope to go to Donington this weekend when starting from cold I could just hold the throttle open a while till warm.

Any comments as always welcome.

Cheers.

Nick.

Hi Nick

It is, as you surmise two cables - one to MU and one to the Throttles.

I think TR shop have them on offer.

Have a good time at Donington :)

David

Yes looking forward to Donington, interesting mix of cars from Vintage racers to the old group B rally cars ie Metro 6R4 etc.

T.R. Register are there should be an interesting weekend.

I have managed to re attach the cold start cable, just enough left to fix it back in place.

Managed to avoid all wedding coverage whilst fixing the TR. :D:D

Cheers.

Nick.

Too late for me, Nick. Couldn't leave the house in the TR for a planned night away until she'd seen the dress and got back this afternoon to be invaded by daughters as well and all alternatively fawning over the Royal Bride's dress and roasting the pants off other female Royals.

I suspect Hell is nomething like this. I'm going outside to clean the roof or something!!