Just bought a TR3a - Ex Motor Show Car

Ive just bough a new project to keep me busy during my impending divorce, loss of job, children (or does that come during th rebuild ..... ?....

This car is the 1958 Earls Court Motor Show car, registered 2 SMC and owned by the Standard Motor Company in 1958 and maybe later. Its a long term job by the look of it but lots of it survives.

Im keen to get to know all about it as there appear to be quite a few unique features on the car, particularly on the body and trim - as you might expect for an early car.

Anybody know anything or have a lead for me to chase ??? i plan to go through all the usual channels (and Mike Ellis I will come to see you when I get it home - or plaese come to me for a few beers !!!!!) so Im looking for anything that I might not find through the trace, archives etc.

Im particularly keen to get some pictures which will give me a clue to the spec, believed to be pwder blue, blueberry leather, white hood and sidescreeens with Tonneau, wires and overdrive - and also a view to the unique bits on it as the car is stripped for a body repair and has been like this fo r many years.

Thanks in advance .... excitedly ....

Regards

Tony

Owner of yet another powder blue 4 cyl TR .......

Tony

so you are the one!Saw the car for sale and was interested enough to verify authenticty with Bil Piggott. We discussed the car en route to Brooklands.I can affirm Bill said it was all genuine and was Powder Blue. He knows the car and seller( a name sake). You may try contacting him( address in TRaction) he does not do technology so no e-mail!

look fwd to seeing finnished car. Good luck

Duncan

Hi Duncan

Yes - wife still fizzing but Im the lucky one - maybe when Ive blown £10 to £15 k more on it ill still be lucky.

Seller Ron is a nice guy and keen to put it in the right hands so lets hope I can do it justice.

Regards

Tony