Body off resto, engine in before body?

I'm doing a body off restoration. When I finally get the body and chassis finished (in 2076) will it be easier to put the engine/gearbox in first, then the body over the top? I craned the engine/gearbox out with the body in situ.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Yep duely 'third'd', just done mine body manhandled back on with 4 very easily, can be done with 2 at a push

Good luck

Robin

Thanks guys,

Engine in first, it is.

I lifted the body off with just my 72 year old dad. I did conceed and gave him the lighter front end.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Remember to make a note of the placement (and amount), of packing spacers at the bolt down points when you take the body off. I didn't... :(

Cheers

Tony

Edited by Tony Millward

Hi Chris,

Remember to make a note of the placement (and amount), of packing spacers at the bolt down points when you take the body off. I didn't... :(

Cheers

Tony

Not hugely important when the shell has been completely to bits and or new chassis though :);)

Stuart.

Thanks guys,

Engine in first, it is.

I lifted the body off with just my 72 year old dad. I did conceed and gave him the lighter front end.

Chris

I would do the other way round engine and box in together B)