If the weather holds and you fancy a run out on Sunday, there are 80 cars, a dozen of them Triumphs, from the 50s, 60s and 70s taking part; they will be navigating their way in and around the scenic Yorkshire Dales countryside. The event starts from Craven Cattle Market, Skipton. Cars will be there from 07:30 and again from 11:55 as they return for the Lunch Halt.

If you would like to see the crews participating and take in the sight of historic cars,there's a list of pubs along the route that will hopefully give a great vantage point for watching the event, whilst making a great place to stop and take in the hospitality of some of the areas finest pubs. (The organisers say they cannot promise all the pubs will all be open at the time the rally passes, but most will!). Please park carefully so as not to impede the rally, customers or other members of the general public. The rally will take one and a half hours to pass. Most of the other locations which the cars visit are private and spectators cannot be admitted. Times below are approximate.

1. Craven Cattle Market, Skipton

Driving tests 08:40 to 10:00 and 12:45 to 14:30.

Café open in the morning from 07:30 for breakfast and at 12:00 for light lunches and snacks until 14:00. Spectator parking area on right at the end of the access road before the main car-park.

2. The Anchor Inn, Salterforth

Cars depart from the Anchor Inn car park from 09:45 onwards

3. The Spread Eagle, Sawley

Cars pass through Sawley from the A59 10:20 onwards

4. The Black Horse, Askwith

Cars approach from Ilkley towards Otley from 13:30 onwards

5. Stonehouse Inn, Thruscross

Cars approach from Blubberhouses towards Greenhow from 13:45 onwards

6. Sun Inn, Norwood

Cars approach from the A59 towards Otley from 15:15 onwards

o come on, get out and enjoy the spectacle of our motoring heritage weaving its way through the countryside. You may also wish to give support and/or a donation to the Yorkshire Cancer Research - a charity which thr organisers Ilkley & DMC are supporting. If you would like more details of the event (including the full entry list) and Ilkley and District Motor club visit the website at www.ilkleymotorclub.org.uk

Roger Bricknell, Bodmin & Ryan Pickering, Totton Triumph TR4

Mike Harrison, Tarporley & Lorna Harrison, Tarporley Triumph TR3A

David Barker, Rodley & David Killeen, Winchester Triumph TR4

Duncan Wild, Chester & Steve Skepper, Manchester Triumph 2000

Michael Hunter, Rempstone & Paul Darch, Leicester Triumph TR4A

John Hunt, Biddulph Moor & Elaine Hunt, Biddulph Moor Triumph Herald

Charles Harrison, Folkestone & Jonathan Hancox, Chiddingly Triumph 2000

Kevin Bryant, Nottingham & Ian Prout, Ackworth Triumph TR3A

Peter M Opie, Grimsby & David Opie,Lancaster Triumph TR3A

Chas Stansfield, Cottingley & Sarah Stansfield, Prestwich Triumph TR3A

Andrew Heywood, Hyde & Daniel Heywood, Glossop Triumph TR3

Martin Holdsworth, Pudsey & Peter Turner, Pudsey Triumph Herald

Back in a Ford for this event, but good luck all the triumph teams, hope the excellent weather doesn't bring out to many trippers.

Another Triumph to add to the list, Darren in his 2000 as Susan want let him use her 4 again! A crew to watch out for after some excellent results on their last couple of HRCR events.

Good luck all.

Les

Well done Les and Ron a well deserved 1st in Class and Kevin & Ian for a great performance and best noice, Hope to see you on the Yorkshire Revival (we'd like to finish it as well this year!)

We plotted the correct route but then went on a scenic tour on our nightmare section. (mental note for next rally ' Go the way you've plotted!')

Cheers

Darren

Well, I spent Sunday lying in bed, poorly, watching the beautiful sunny day through the window and thinking of you all driving through the countryside! Wishing I was out there too!

I'd had to do the same the day before, thinking of the cars blasting round the stages of the Get it Sideways Rally without me in my little TR4, freshly rebuilt and ready to do battle... but sitting silently in my garage instead.

But such is fate; I'm very glad you all had a good day, sorry I wasn't there to say hello, particular pats on the back for Kev and Ian who must have really 'clicked' on Sunday, excellent result.

Can't wait to get better.

Nigel

Great work by Charlie Harrison and Jonathan Hancox (becoming an ace navigator !) in the Triumph 2000 on 1st in the Masters class ..... top job !

Regards

Tony

Yes The Triumphs triumphed.

Our result was a bit of a surprise - well a big surpise actually. Our best to date was about 30th on the Ilkley last year.

We did very well in the morning, running in at about 20th.

In the afternoon we deployed a driver's speed table to take some of the pressure of the navigator - a simple speed table with times at 0.5m, 1m, 1.5m, 2m, 2.5m etc

That enabled the naviagtor to concentrate on plotting the route whilst the driver kept to time. That seemed to work and it meant that the navigator was less flustered when approaching a control and we could moderate our speed. Previously we just drove in at the same rate, but now we could speed up or slow down to save those extra few seconds. And then cos the navigator was less flustered on arrival we stood a better chance of hitting the buttons in the right order.

So really it was all just a bit calmer in the cockpit.

That's sort of set the bar a bit high for me and Robert on the Leukaemia!

Regards Kev

post-2128-0-05985400-1302634571_thumb.jpg

post-2128-0-05985400-1302634571_thumb.jpg

Good evening

Found on "you tube", a video of all the Triumphs attempting Test 3 (on gravel).

I really must get some tyres that work on gravel :unsure:

Enjoy!

It just goes to show we like to get our monies worth on the test by travelling twice as far as anyone else!

Many thanks for posting this.

regards kev