Searching for a TR2 !

Hello forum, I live in Germany and bought an MG TD last year in England and an Austin Frogeye. But whats about my friend ? As he drove with me seperate times in his new car, he falled in love with this kind of english vintage cars I have and now he is looking for his own car. So as he did not speak english as well as I do  :o , I assist him in searching.

He is looking for an TR2 (prefered) or TR3 in white or black in very good condition for a fair price. So If anyone wants to sell his car or knows one person who wants, please let us know!

As his girlfriend is now also confrming his wish  :D , we should take this chance and should not wait till she is thinking more about having children!!

Would be great if anyone could help! Thomas from Germany , phone 0049-171-4688944 or zettl.thomas@gmx.de

Hi Thomas

I have just been to look at a TR2 for sale at Harlequin Motor Co in Morden, Surrey. Its a 1955 car TS7708 O in Old English white, 2 owners with 68,000 documented miles. Its a nice clean straight car apparently restored with no visible corrosion although there is some fairly rough welding in the boot.

Have a look at their web site www.harlequinmotorco.co.uk.

Good luck with your search.

Hi Peter and thank you,

I saw this TR2 4 Days ago in a private advert for 8500 Pounds but the seller - who restored the car - sold it to harlequin for 8000 Pounds one day ago. So I phoned with the dealer and he wants 11990 Punds for the same car. (he told me he has not driven the car and he also is not familiar to the condition cause he just putted it in the showroom) - with no pence of discount he would like to give.

As it is always..... one day to late..... we would have payed the 8500 Pounds for the car but the brain does not allow to pay 4000 Pounds more for this car ( 6000 Euros = 12000 Deutsche Mark).

Bute thank you for the assistance!!!!! Please forum let me know when you another TR2 in good condition!!!! Tha k you!!!!

Thomas

• 3 weeks later...
Now we have found our TR2 Reg. RDD 920 on ebay uk! Hopefully it is like promised in the advert.... we will see on sunday and I want to say thank you to the TR forum at this place!!!! Maybe someone could tell me about the history of the car before 1990??? Would be great! Thomas from germany