Australia F1 parade

Really nice pic.

I was wondering why Alonso was in the focus when I saw the signature!

Regards from a Spaniard who also owns a TR4

JIR

The TRR UK should get onto the British GP office right away to arrange a driver's parade. This year's will be allocated, but get in for 2012. Bernie might try it on for a fee to participate, but we weren't charged anything on the basis that Triumphs were no longer made, and couldn't benefit PR wise. Prior to the TR4's chiming in, early open Bentleys had the gig, but Bernie wanted something like $200k as the brand still existed, so they bailed.

They'll probably insist on selected cars that don't drop oil on the track, so that might be a challenge.

We did the F1 drivers' parade at the Oz Grand Prix with sidescreen TR's in 1999, and it was a huge buzz. I took Heinz-Harald Frentzen around and he was very chatty. You get a bit nervous when the TV camera to squillions of people is in your face and it's time to turn the key and hope the thing starts.

Viv.

Really nice pic.

I was wondering why Alonso was in the focus when I saw the signature!

Regards from a Spaniard who also owns a TR4

JIR

Well, I downloaded the pic from a Ferrari page: Alonso and Massa are in the focus ;)

Glad to meet yo, where in Spain are you?

I think in 2006 the Parade was on Tr6.

vivdownunder Any pics of your Parade? I would love to see them.

Button wasn't to impressed when he sat on the back on one of the hood studs. :blink: "Not real comfortable he commented" so they supplied him with a comfy rug,poor chap,probably why he was a little off the pace. Don't know what MrWebbers excuse was,probably got stuck with a 4 instead of a 5. :( Aussie TR's don't leak oil as they are upside down down here. B) Pampa.

Button wasn't to impressed when he sat on the back on one of the hood studs. :blink: "Not real comfortable he commented" so they supplied him with a comfy rug,poor chap,probably why he was a little off the pace. Don't know what MrWebbers excuse was,probably got stuck with a 4 instead of a 5. :( Aussie TR's don't leak oil as they are upside down down here. B) Pampa.

Do you were there? Any more pics? I NEED an areal pic of the parade with all the TRs and drivers...

Leonardo, I have the TV broadcast video tape of the 1999 parade, but no still pics. I've provided colleagues who participated with copies of the tape, so I'll see if we can load it onto Youtube.

Might take a week or so.

Pampa, back in 1999 the authorities didn't cotton on to our little problem with oil leaks. In the GP, Damon Hill flew off the track at the first corner - we went oops.

Regards,

Viv.

Here is a short movie too... they should of just raced those instead!

Glenn

Super view of the fencing......health and safety gone mad.... that's why I watch on TV now!

john

When I saw the title, I thought you were referring to the race itself :P .

Leonardo, I have the TV broadcast video tape of the 1999 parade, but no still pics. I've provided colleagues who participated with copies of the tape, so I'll see if we can load it onto Youtube.

Might take a week or so.

Viv.

Thank you very much but it's too much work to upload it, don't bother.

jir

I wrote some posts in the tr spain page but I got no answer so I forgot about it...

It's funny because I live in Pozuelo too. Some days ago I saw a TR3A in Pozuelo, parked on the square of the big spanish flag waiting for the tow truck :(