After start up my fuel guage builds up condensation inside the glass. After a few miles it reduces and finally goes away.

Can anyone help with some advice on why it is happening and what should I do. :unsure:

The 'why' I believe is due to the small amount of heat the gauge produces from electrical flow and the moisture in the air and the gauge itself.

I don't think there is anything much you can do as the gauges themselves are not air tight .

You could move to somewhere with low humidity but that seems a bit radical. ;)

My thinking go like this:-

Somehow you have some moist air inside the gauge. This shows as condensation when it contacts the the cold lens.

The very small amount of heat inside the gauge movement or radiated heat from the engine warms the interior of the gauge above the the "dew" point and when so warmed the moisure is held with the air rather than condensing on the lens. Agree that moving location is a bit severe but you could investigate how the moisture arrived in the gauge in the first place. Remove and fully dry out the gauge and or put a tiny amount of silica gel ( Camera shop) in the gauge case. Wait 'till summer.

Hope this helps

Regards

Gerry

After start up my fuel guage builds up condensation inside the glass. After a few miles it reduces and finally goes away.

Can anyone help with some advice on why it is happening and what should I do. :unsure:

Here's a guess. On my fuel gauge, there a clearish plastic ring around the top (on the inside) that let's in light. There is a gap in that ring, which I'm guessing is to vent the gauge and to prevent the buildup of condensation. It's possible that a rebuilder put in a partially sealed ring with no gap and that's causing your problem. You'll need to remove the gauge to check it.

Probably no need to relocate o Australia. Here on the New Hampshire coast, snow all winter, thick-o-fog all summer, and rain in between, I've never noticed that annoyance on my gauge.

Tom

We had 90% humidity here yesterday, and that's down in Victoria!!

Anyway I don't believe any original period TR gauges were designed to be airtight.

The worse fogging incident I ever encountered was leaving early one morning for a rally so the instrument panel the lights were on, the local conditions combined with heat from panel light globes got me to the point where all the small gauges were almost unreadable.

Worse still though was my modern (2005) Moto Guzzi Motorbike. It's Veiglia gauges were rubbish and I had 3 tacho's replaced under warranty for fogging up. Great chassis,engine,ride but everything else was rubbish.