Aluminium fuel tanks and request

Hi,

The tank will fit with either exhaust setup, single or twin.

I have spoken at length with Alec, and I believe that the best way forward with regards to fuel injected tanks is to use an external in line fuel pump, rather than the internal mounted pump. I can make the tank (with it's effective internals) to suit this. I can make the tank with either push on, or screwed connectors. With the pressures involved it would be best to use the Aeroquip style AN type (-6)supply and return. I have made tanks to this spec in the past, including Lotus Elans, Caterhams, and Aston Martins.

A pump that is quite popular is this range http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Performance/Fuel_System/Fuel_Pumps/Sytec_Motorsport_Fuel_Injection_Pump/810/2594

The tanks are quite a complicated shape and time consuming to make. The standard TR7 tanks are priced at £410 and I'm not VAT registered which makes things easier. Insured postage within the UK is £20, and I'm happy to post worldwide.

Thanks,

Andy.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Andy, you've got an e-mail with further preliminary pictures

- and will get more when I've blasted the bugger clean(er) so measurements can be taken.

I'm also searching for the EFI version suction trunk/return pipe unit + the level sender unit

- so I can get the measurements correct.