300 km Eifelrace - Nordschleife

Some photos:

http://tr-register.d...bA4g3VcJ5zsrab7

Results:

Watch out for "Triumph Competition"

http://www.adac-eifelrennen.de/images/stories/dokumente/ergebnisse11/Eifelrennen2011.pdf

All Triumphs in front - great victory for Triumph!

Cheers

Chris

Edited by MadMarx

Interesting that so many people mention my adjusting of the mirror at high speeds.

I don't feel unsafe to take a hand off the steering wheel.

Edited by MadMarx

Normally I can do 6200. I run a 4.1 diff with overdrive but the OD failed this time after lap one. So the rest of the race I did with 4 gears hitting the revlimiter all the time.

Josh/Steve/Keith were behind at the start but Josh did a very good job to get in front.

Results:

http://www.triumph-competition.de/download/208

lack of OD on that massively long straight at the end must have really hurt.

Keiths team need a bigger fuel tank from what I here, 2 fill ups to the Orange one.

25-30 sec's faster than the orange car lap on lap - NICE.

Off to SPA tomorrow :)

I hope everyone had a jolly good time!

I wanted to go, but events, dear boy, events.

Richard Wos, for the CSCC, has sent out a news letter about the Eiffelrennen. Sounds like I would n't have made it if I had been there, and that even on the 'Ring, two hundred cars in a rolling start? Or did that not apply to the Triumph race?

"Nurburgring "Eifelrennen 3 Hour race" September 9/10/11th.

At one stage we were going to take 20 cars to this race but a last minute announcement by the organisers concerning catalytic convertors caused a lot of confusion and more than half pulled out. This was a great pity as it was a fabulous race.

The organisers announced that all NON FIA cars had to have a catalytic convertor, in scrutineering no one checked and in the paddock two traders were selling motorbike cats for 25 euros each. Some people did buy them and stuck them on the end of the exhaust where they did absolutely nothing. As far as I am aware there is no way the scrutineers can check the effectiveness of the "cat" and could not distinguish between one and a tin can!!

Well, I have been to a lot of drivers briefings in my time, but the organisers took this one to another level. All competitors were told that if anyone failed the drive-by noise test which was set at 135 Decibels (I wish) and ignored the black flag, a special Porsche GT3 would be released and the offender would be hunted down and brought in, I suppose with a 25 kilometre lap this is possible, can you imagine us using our MG ZR to bring you in?!

The grid has a capacity of 212 cars and 198 took part, a rolling start with three grids spaced 3 minutes apart. You all have to do this one at some time in your life.

Tactics are very important and you do have to pace yourself, there are approximately 20 fuel pumps in the pitlane, refuelling is permitted and the action in the pits is as much fun as the action on the track. This year the largest group was the "Youngtimers" and they now allow cars available as a model up to 1988.

Many teams run three drivers, some run two drivers, and when you see the state they are in after one and a half hours, you wonder how they manage to do it. Although I have to take my hat off to Brian Lambert who did the whole three hours on his own in his MGB, he had a 10 second pitstop to have his screen cleaned and did not refuel once.

Next year we hope to take many more of you there and have had some very good discussions with the different groups racing there."

Hope no one was "hunted down"!

John

Edited by john.r.davies

interesting report.

I really didn't understand why people are refusing to install a cat?

A cat doesn't bite and if installed it doesn't cost any power.

Some photos of the race:

DSC_4557.JPG

215_4027.JPG

274_4814.JPG

277_4727.JPG

278_4009.JPG

288_4805.JPG

291_4966.JPG

292_4017.JPG

274_8521.jpg