300 km Eifelrace - Nordschleife

Hi,

at September 09 - 11th the Triumph-Competition will have their 2011 Eifelrace with a special guest:

Kas Kastner, the famous works team manager from USA, will appear on the scene.

For all non-racer we offer also regularity runs and free driving on several track parts (Nordschleife / GP-Track).

The CSCC will be there also....contact is Hugo Holder.

If you would like to meet Kas in his nature environment then you should consider making plans for September.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by MadMarx
  • 4 months later...

I have returned from the 24h race, did watch at Pflanzgarten I.

It was absolutely amazing to watch the modern sportscars fight.

After I had that much fun watching this I again would like to recommend you the Triumph racing event in September with the attendance of Kas Kastner at the 3h Eifelrace.

The German TR-Register offers several packages for the weekend to make you drive on that famous track and there is plenty of entertainment to watch, like Can-Am races, historic F1.

With the entry form you get a parking place in the paddock to have a close stay with the Triumph-Competition and CSCC over the weekend.

http://tr-register.de/joomla/images/stories/tr-register/Sport/PDF/tr_register_eifelrennen_2011.pdf

I would be pleased to welcome you in Germany to this unique event.

Cheers

Chris

Head of Sport of TR-Register Germany

Edited by MadMarx
  • 2 weeks later...

Gutted I can't go :(

Gotta man the fort at work........

Chris im booked for this hope the car survives until september, do you know if the race is saturday or sunday for cscc or any time table at all for the weekend. Nothing on the uk site yet.

ROY

Edited by roy53

Hi Roy,

I add you a schedule of the weekend for racers:

Saturday:

8.00 - qualifying 60 min.

15.40 - 19.50 3H Eifelrace

Sunday:

14.45 - Triumph Competition charity for children race 30 min.

Cheers

Chris

http://www.adac-eifelrennen.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=4&Itemid=84

This is the paddock situation:

http://www.adac-eifelrennen.de/images/stories/dokumente/2011/orientierungsplan_070611_neu.pdf

img_4905.jpg

Edited by MadMarx

Ha Chris - I'd love to be there but already have a double header at Brands pencilled in for that weekend + helping make at Spa 6 a few weeks later so, con can do.

Enjoy - take plenty of video as usual ;)

@jon

you should really have a go on the Nordschleife.

To make your car last you could have limit the revs to 6800 or so.

Cheers

Chris (who's car does run 500 rpm less for a 3H race :D )

Roy

Good for you,I'm very envious. Enjoy. Any reason to believe that the car won't last until then?

Dave McD

Dave i will forward a collection of photos after which you will fully understand Alans comment.

Also i have at least one more race planned before then so as you well know things can happen which you don't quite expect.I feel like saving it for the said event but september seems a long way off.

ROY

@jon

you should really have a go on the Nordschleife.

Cheers

Chris (who's car does run 500 rpm less for a 3H race :D )

that is not far off my limit any way (bigger pistons than yours so alot more mass to spin).

I might give it a pop someday, just alot on (too many (surely not :)) cars now - never enougfh cash!). I'd probably limit it to about 6600 in my 4. 7k for Sprint stuff when it finally come back out after a few more tweaks for reliability and revs ;)

DM - you will understand when you get the mail from Roy!

Alan (and Roy/Jon)

I had heard on the grapevine about your Oulton Park contact. Having now seen the sequence of photos it doesn't look good. You appear to have been an innocent involved in someone else's accident. I've been there myself before, also at Oulton Park. Do you have any news on how bad the damage is and what the prospects are of how long it will take to repair? I hope it is (a) not too bad and (B) not too long in the workshop. Good Luck.

Dave McD

Cheers Chris

Chris,

Could you give us a short description of what you have done to your engine in terms of preparation ? And what are the performances ?

Thanks,

Badfrog

Dave,

Thanks for the thoughts! Damage - well in summary -trashed chassis, trashed bodyshell - front quarter about 2 feet shorter than it should be!!!!! But at least all safety equipment did its' job even with very heavy impact. As you have seen - i simply had nowhere to go to avoid out of control other!

As to whether the car will live again still hangs in the balance - but is looking a little more positive than a day or two ago - might know a bit more next week - but even if get go ahead it is going to involve almost a complete rebuild and huge hours in the workshop!!

Ho hum! The joys of racing eh!!

Alan

Could you give us a short description of what you have done to your engine in terms of preparation ? And what are the performances ?

45' Weber Carbs

Larger (41,5mm) and polished inlet

Standard valves slim and highly polished

Bore 88mm

Compression 11,5:1

4to1 header

Race camshaft 310°

Fine balanced standard crank

Light steel flywheel 3,95kg

HP: 172 at 6100

Nm: 217 - 224 from 3000 - 5800

Dave,

Thanks for the thoughts! Damage - well in summary -trashed chassis, trashed bodyshell - front quarter about 2 feet shorter than it should be!!!!! But at least all safety equipment did its' job even with very heavy impact. As you have seen - i simply had nowhere to go to avoid out of control other!

As to whether the car will live again still hangs in the balance - but is looking a little more positive than a day or two ago - might know a bit more next week - but even if get go ahead it is going to involve almost a complete rebuild and huge hours in the workshop!!

Ho hum! The joys of racing eh!!

Alan

Do you have the Morons address to send the bill too? I really was hoping the Burk would bring his SHED (Herald) out at the Jigsaw race (seems not!) so I could have a gentle dig, "ooooh Don't you have a Griff racer, I'm building one of those" and see what he sez - should have stuck to <100bhp istead of >500.

Let hope it is fixable Alan. Sent you a power point that might help!?

Jon,

Pity it isn't as simple as sending the bill! The future of 57 is looking bleak at the moment unfortunately - but ho hum -I guess I've had a good run!! Multiple championships, countless race and class wins, and huge fun! But it would be a huge shame if racing came to an end with the car in a body bag!

A

Jon,

Pity it isn't as simple as sending the bill! The future of 57 is looking bleak at the moment unfortunately - but ho hum -I guess I've had a good run!! Multiple championships, countless race and class wins, and huge fun! But it would be a huge shame if racing came to an end with the car in a body bag!

A

That was said in half jest. He was so out of his depth that really he should have been asked to not race - maybe something to mention. I could imagine the repair bill. Edited by jellison

well, after all it seems that we have about 60-70 bookings of street-triumph drivers, and about 30-35 racers.

I think that will be a cool event. :D

Some UK people are on the scene, also dutch, belgian, french, italians.

GREAT!

Edited by MadMarx

CRISS just found out that it is a 3hr race as i thought it was the normal 1hr for cscc,is this correct?

Also today have been told that we are required to have a catalitic converta fitted if not fia papers required

IS THIS TRUE ?

DOSE ANY OF THIS APPLY TO THE SUNDAY RACE.

ROY

CRISS just found out that it is a 3hr race as i thought it was the normal 1hr for cscc,is this correct?

Also today have been told that we are required to have a catalitic converta fitted if not fia papers required

IS THIS TRUE ?

DOSE ANY OF THIS APPLY TO THE SUNDAY RACE.

ROY

All true for both raaces.

I've send you a message to explain further (written with blackberry)