TR7 V8 Sprint and HillClimb car for sale

Anyone noticed?? Advertised in this months TrAction, an engineless TR7 V8, modified for motorsport. Sounds like its in bits. Very tempting to sell the Spitfire and build a TR7 V8, just that there aren't enough hours in the day are there...

Hi

I suspect this may be Hugh Maund's "spare car" which he campaigned very successfully a few years ago but then decided to go circuit racing in another TR7V8.

It should have all the right bits but I have no knowledge of the detail and no connection other than being a friend.A number of class records are held by this car albeit with a full race 4.6!

Regards

John

Anyone noticed?? Advertised in this months TrAction, an engineless TR7 V8, modified for motorsport. Sounds like its in bits. Very tempting to sell the Spitfire and build a TR7 V8, just that there aren't enough hours in the day are there...

A 7V8 is very tempting and seems like a good idea, however, to have a competetive 7V8 engine you may be looking at £3-6k.

On the other hand as I see it the new Championship rules mean you are basicaly racing against yourself so you could throw in a standard V8 off ebay with oil presure and do 90mph at the finish on a climb if your lucky, be prepaired to buy a trailer though.

Personaly I would play with the spitfire, fuel leaks aside :-) you could win the championship with perseverance.

Chris

Yes it is Hughs' car and there is a lot of machine going for not a lot of money. Fully prepared shell, with gearbox, 5 linked axle with lsd and discs, Sorted front suspensions and brakes, even a complete exhaust system. But it will need a lot of work and a max chat engine will be quite a lot. But when I did the races series with the Spitfires, some of them were spending more on their motors than we were in the V8s and ours didn't blow up every other race!

It would be nice to see someone take this over and get her back on the hills.

Hmm.. still tempting. Begin with an ebay V8, say a 3.9 injected for a few hundred quid, to get used to the idea. It'll push along quite well and as has been said, with the new competition rules, it could be competitive as it is now all based on how much better your time is this time compared to last.

No, no... must remain focused. The Spit is ready to go, bar a quick gearbox overhaul and figuring out why no1 cylinder is 20psi down on the rest.

Still tempting though isn't it, and there's space in the garage now the dinghy has gone.

Hope someone else buys it before I feel too tempted...

Argh..

And.. unbelievably, a friend of mine has just wandered in and asked for some help with the computers on his Range Rover. Whilst he was here he asked if I knew anyone that like to take his 4.0 V8 fuel injected Landy Discovery off his hands for not a lot. Just wants shot of it.

Argh2... must.. put.. the.. cheque.. book.. down.. and.. step.. away...

Anyone else want it?

• 3 weeks later...