'lectrical Question

Fitted the indicators today.

on operation the switch, the front and rear indicator and the warning light on the dash flash correctly, except the frequency is way to high. Probably double the correct flash rate.

I've only ever seen them flash too quickly when one of the bulbs is blown.

Any ideas? I've ordered a new flasher but that'll take at least a fortnight to arrive.

Paul

Hi Paul,

assuming flasher unit is OK, only reason is that the load is too low....wrong wattage lamp...resistive connector? Check the voltage on the bulb holder to see if there's a drop....indicating resistance in the circuit.

Fitted the indicators today.

on operation the switch, the front and rear indicator and the warning light on the dash

flash correctly, except the frequency is way to high. Probably double the correct flash rate.

I've only ever seen them flash too quickly when one of the bulbs is blown.

Any ideas?

I've ordered a new flasher but that'll take at least a fortnight to arrive.

Hi Paul,

From someone who doesn't understand electrics -

If you are having the same symptoms with both front and rear flashers,

doesn't that lead you to think there must be a common fault that is not

the front/rear flashers themselves?

Are there flashers with different ratings? Have you got the right one?

AlanR

Edited by TR 2100

Are you sure you haven't fitted the wrong wattage bulb to the trafficators? They should be 21 watts each - so 42 watts on one side of the car for front and rear. If you use 6 watt bulbs, the flash rate will be far too high.

It is possible that the trafficator (plug-in) unit has the wrong rating or is defective. In the last 17 years, I have had more trouble with trafficator units than any other electrical item! Sometimes take an age to flash, flash too slowly, cease flashing after 15 seconds etc - drives one mad!

Ian Cornish

Try removing the flasher unit, dropping it on the concrete floor and refitting it - it worked for me once (I hate electrickery!).

:lol::lol:;)

Chris.