MOT Regulations

Hi - looking for advice (again)

Can anyone tell me what the MOT regulations are around the use of Aeroscreens? Can you present a car for MOT with Aeroscreens (and therefore no wipers/washers) or does the original screen need to be in place?

On a similar vein, I have seen a sidescreen car (at the Goodwood Revival, parked on the Lavant Banking) a few years ago with a cut down competitiion style screen. This had, from memory ~¼ to ½ height stanchions with a cut down screen. I quite fancy recreating this for my car and so afgain I would like to understand any MOT implications:

All - apologies for the multiple posts - not sure what happened there.

Following on from my post above - for the cut down screen I would like to understand if it has to be glass - can it be some sort of plastic for road use and MOT?

Also, as for the aeroscreen, would washers/wipers have to be fitted for MOT?

Thanks in anticipation.

Rod

PS - perhaps a moderator could delete the dupliocate posts for me?

Thanks

Guest colinTR2

Rod

Yes, you can certainly present a car on aeros. And therefore the wipers and washers cannot be inspected/checked.

I had my 2 tested on saturday last on aeros, successfully. And then did the Kent Group Brass Monkey run on sunday.

cheers

Colin

I have presented my TR2 for many years with aeros and had no bother. They do insist on checking that there are working washers but I have them so no problem. If they want to get wet then so be it!

The rules on washers I believe are that they are retrspective (1970s on) on all cars but are not necessary on a car with FOLDING windscreen. In my experience MOT men, even good ones have no real knowledge of this type of detail and it is not worth arguing about it. I have no idea how you stand with a cut down screen.

Incidentally multipe (musical style) horns are not permitted. They are allowed however if fitted to the car prior to the rule introduction in early 70s and so not retrospective. However not woth a big arguement with the MOT man - I just switch them to single tone.