Fit new Door cap

Hello All,

I am fitting a new door cap (with integral door pull) and wondered what glue is best and where do I source it from. I had thought about some form of contact adhesive (Evostik). Or would something like Araldite work?

I am sure I have seen some posts regarding this before but not quite sure how to use the search function (i couldnt find the posts).

Any way all input will be welcome.

Regards

Andy

No I dont know but I believe Stuart gave some advise on this recently. While we are at it where did you get yours from, assuming its new as I need to buy a pair.....

Regards

Robin

Hi Yorkkie,

I used a polyurethene glue [can't remember if Gorilla glue or Liquid Nails]to fix my doorcaps some 3 years ago - caps are still very firmly fixed despite SWMBO eagerly testing the adhesion EVERY time she slams the passenger door shut!!!

One point to note - use this glue sparringly as it foams when curing - excess can be carefully trimmed back with a craftknife, but better to not put too much on in first place.

Cheers

Rayh

No I dont know but I believe Stuart gave some advise on this recently. While we are at it where did you get yours from, assuming its new as I need to buy a pair.....

Regards

Robin

Robin

I have an orginal pair for a 5 in vgc if interested

Don't know the aforementioned brands, but a ferocious glue isn't necessary - rubber contact cement works just fine as the wrap behind the doorskin clamped by trim clips does most of the holding. Over here, 3M Contact Cement is the stuff to use and will hold as long as the vinyl lives <_<

Then again, I employ TR4 door pulls in mine so the foam bits don't get the workout others may :unsure:

Thanks Stuart,

I can buy it online I guess... Have to say I have never heard of it before now

BR

Andy

Online or just ring them up. They are very helpful.

Stuart

Don't know the aforementioned brands, but a ferocious glue isn't necessary - rubber contact cement works just fine as the wrap behind the doorskin clamped by trim clips does most of the holding. Over here, 3M Contact Cement is the stuff to use and will hold as long as the vinyl lives <_<

Then again, I employ TR4 door pulls in mine so the foam bits don't get the workout others may :unsure:

Tom agreed for 4a tops but the 5/6 ones do need that extra bit of help ;)

Stuart