American Racing Silverstone Wheels for Sale

Late next week I will be listing on ebay 4x 15inch - American Racing Silverstone Wheels with Goodrich Red-Line Tyres and Nok-off Spinners. I want to give TR Register friends a chance at these prior to posting.

If you have any interest please PM me.

Thanks

MVC-348F.jpg

DSC01843-r1s.jpg

Edited by angelfj

I registered an interest in these with you before, you may recall. Yes I'd love them please and yes your pm messaging isnt working. Mail me on rguojah@btinternet.com

Regards

Robin

Hello Frank, that's extremely generous of you to offer the wheels to the forum people, It looks like you have already made a sale!

I have a set on my TR250, but without spinners, but thats not an issue, for I had some centres made up and glued them in place with a triumph stainless steel world badge in the centre.

I only have 4 wheels though so have to carry a spare set of wheel nuts around, to fit the steel spare that I have, If you ever see an odd one wheel for sale I would be very pleased if you would let me know.

regards Pete

Frank,

I just tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full. No great surprise there!

My question is what width are the wheels, and whatever the answer, across where is the answer measured.

Thanks

David

Hello David. I apologize for the mailbox. not sure of the width, I think 5.5 inches.

Frank,

I just tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full. No great surprise there!

My question is what width are the wheels, and whatever the answer, across where is the answer measured.

Thanks

David

My messenger is now clear.

All,

I expressed an interest in them but my current situation wont allow me to pursue this purchase. So I am out of the running.

Regards

robin

Hello Frank, that's extremely generous of you to offer the wheels to the forum people, It looks like you have already made a sale!

I have a set on my TR250, but without spinners, but thats not an issue, for I had some centres made up and glued them in place with a triumph stainless steel world badge in the centre.

I only have 4 wheels though so have to carry a spare set of wheel nuts around, to fit the steel spare that I have, If you ever see an odd one wheel for sale I would be very pleased if you would let me know.

regards Pete

Pete: Sorry I missed this post. I actually have never seen a single one for sale, but if I do, I'll let you know.

cheers,

Frank

The wheels are worth £1000 all day, every day as they are magnesium and very lightand very rare. If they have the correct "handed" Nokof spinners then that will add about £200 to £300 onto the price. Lots of these spinners were destroyed in tyre shops as the fitter just looked at them and went banging with a hammer.....fine on one side but the other side spinners were opposite threaded and the resulting mashed spinners were not a pretty sight! Guess they never thought the wheel nuts did anything!!! The LH marked spinners are exceedingly rare for the above reason.

BTW I know of a set of 4 genuine Silverstone 8 spoke mags for sale in this country, they are off a TR250 and will be 5" x 15" and will suit a TR4, 4a and TR5 wonderfully. I used to have a set of 6" silverstones on my TR6....even rarer!!!

I can send on messages or supply a phone number and btw I have no financial interest in these.

The wheels up for sale pictured above look like 5" ones to me.

Alan

The wheels are worth £1000 all day, every day as they are magnesium and very lightand very rare. If they have the correct "handed" Nokof spinners then that will add about £200 to £300 onto the price. Lots of these spinners were destroyed in tyre shops as the fitter just looked at them and went banging with a hammer.....fine on one side but the other side spinners were opposite threaded and the resulting mashed spinners were not a pretty sight! Guess they never thought the wheel nuts did anything!!! The LH marked spinners are exceedingly rare for the above reason.

BTW I know of a set of 4 genuine Silverstone 8 spoke mags for sale in this country, they are off a TR250 and will be 5" x 15" and will suit a TR4, 4a and TR5 wonderfully. I used to have a set of 6" silverstones on my TR6....even rarer!!!

Just to confirm - fully agree with Alan. My valuation would even be a bit higher.

But they do look great on the car.

AlanR

Edited by TR 2100
  • 3 weeks later...

Late next week I will be listing on ebay 4x 15inch - American Racing Silverstone Wheels with Goodrich Red-Line Tyres and Nok-off Spinners. I want to give TR Register friends a chance at these prior to posting.

If you have any interest please PM me.

Thanks

MVC-348F.jpg

DSC01843-r1s.jpg

Thanks to everyone that inquired. They have been sold!

• 9 months later...

I have a set of four magnesium Silverstones that I took off my TR4A in 1983. They seem to be in good shape and have been sitting ever since in dry storage. I was saving them for my next Triumph but if they are worth the amounts hinted at, maybe I should sell them. The car only came with 2 of the nok-offs and they are in bad shape. My name is Jon. I am in Oregon.

jonwirebender@comcast.net

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...