Stan,

I found several examples of similar treatment on my ex USA imported TR3a and I assume its a preferred method over there for making sure that the filler doesn't drop out.

Rgds Ian

Thats for a dent puller as the Yanks do the repairs the quick way rather than take the panel off and beat it out from behind.Just a shame they never bother to weld/solder the holes up afterwards.

Stuart.

Stan,

Or somebody got a new dent puller for Christmas. The good news is that there doesn't appear to be much rust. Weld and grind? Phew. Tom

The panel is solid with just some surface rust behind the panel at the bottom and the flange to the fender got a bit mangled when it was hit as did a few of the captive nut cages. All fixable I think. I'm setting up a remote control robot and will have Stuart do it in his tea break.

Stan

The panel is solid with just some surface rust behind the panel at the bottom and the flange to the fender got a bit mangled when it was hit as did a few of the captive nut cages. All fixable I think. I'm setting up a remote control robot and will have Stuart do it in his tea break.

Stan

:lol::lol::lol:

Stuart.

Stan

Stan can you send over your robot when its done and i will get Stuart to work on mine in his lunch break.

Roy

Stan

Stan

When learning to paint the 3 I was that robot :lol::lol:;)

While further exploring the front apron I think I may have found evidence of early attempts at sidescreen air conditioning...

Clear evidence of the existence of tinworm, presumably accompanied by small piles of metal/rust dust inside, much like the rampant woodworm in my workshop.

Stan

When learning to paint the 3 I was that robot :lol::lol:;)

I have a feeling that Stuart is pulling many strings and I wonder when he finds time for his day job.

So how did the painting go Neil and are you happy with the outcome ?. One of my goals for the TR3 is to do at least some of the paint myself although I will be relying on my club friends a lot. Raymond was kind enough to send me a sample of his paint and we are in the process of trying to get some of that made up here for a test.

Stan

I have a feeling that Stuart is pulling many strings and I wonder when he finds time for his day job.

So how did the painting go Neil and are you happy with the outcome ?. One of my goals for the TR3 is to do at least some of the paint myself although I will be relying on my club friends a lot. Raymond was kind enough to send me a sample of his paint and we are in the process of trying to get some of that made up here for a test.

Stan

Stan

Yes :D however I still have to flatten some panals and polish but the weather has put that on hold 1200 paper and cold water just now no thanks,and I work outside in the day job ;) Stuart has been a great help, the 2pack primer is the biz ( you need proper gear)I hope you know that Powder Blue is a bugger to match

Stan

Yes :D however I still have to flatten some panals and polish but the weather has put that on hold 1200 paper and cold water just now no thanks,and I work outside in the day job ;) Stuart has been a great help, the 2pack primer is the biz ( you need proper gear)I hope you know that Powder Blue is a bugger to match

Understood re the cold.. It wont be warm enough to paint here until May.

I dont need a perfect match, just something close and that will go well with the TRF midnight blue trim and blue tufted Nylon carpet that I plan to use. Raymonds sample goes really well with the carpet and trim samples and I'm hoping that the paint shop can get close even if they have to hand tint it and match it by ear. I'll buy enough paint to do the car twice so I dont risk running out of paint.

Stan

Stan

You could always use warm water like us soft southern jessies do ;):lol::lol:

Stuart.

Stan - Do your painting in early May or maybe even late April. Otherwise you won't have a powder blue TR, it will be black-fly blue.

No kidding. I give guided tours of my TR6 which was also painted outside and show all of the bug parts in the paint. I'm hoping to paint the removable panels in a proper paint booth so will just be doing the interior, engine bay and the non-removable external parts in the driveway.

Stan