Hello,

As asked in TR Action a few months ago (last year, maybe ?) I am looking for history details about my TR2, bought in England, who was registered 366 XUM.

Fortunatly, I have found is previous (original ?) reg number who is PYW 2,with TS/5xxx as chassis number.

Can someone help me to trace her history, thanks ?

Chris.

Edited by Chris59

Hello,

As asked in TR Action a few months ago (last year, maybe ?) I am looking for history details about my TR2, bought in England, who was registered 366 XUM.

Fortunatly, I have found is previous (original ?) reg number who is PYW 2,with TS/5xxx as chassis number.

Can someone help me to trace her history, thanks ?

Chris.

Chris you can apply to the DVLA for a list of previous owners for a fee.

Stuart.

Stuart,

Do you mean the dvla will sell this kind of details to a foreign guy ?

I should have to pay by credit card, I guess :huh:

Chris.

Stuart,

Do you mean the dvla will sell this kind of details to a foreign guy ?

I should have to pay by credit card, I guess :huh:

Chris.

I assume so, as the car was UK registered, maybe worth a call first as they are very good at taking the money ;)

Stuart.

Stuart, I think to ask to an English friend to contact the DVLA, it should be easier to him than to me :rolleyes:

Speaking English correctly is far more difficult than writing (and I don't pretend to write correctly :lol: ).

Chris.

Stuart, I think to ask to an English friend to contact the DVLA, it should be easier to him than to me :rolleyes:

Speaking English correctly is far more difficult than writing (and I don't pretend to write correctly :lol: ).

Chris.

You do a lot better with English than I do French writing ;)

Stuart.

Chris,

you would do better talking to them yourself as the DVLA tend not to like disclosing the history to persons who do not actually own the car (Unless you want to illegally extract money from unsuspecting parking miscreants - then the world is your oyster).

There is a standard form and a fee of £5.

There was a recent thread detailing exactly this.

Roger

Thanks Roger for your reply.

I have send an email to the DVLA via their website, and received this reply this morning :

"Thank you for your email received on 2/12/10. Your email reference number is xxxxxx.

So that we may help you with your enquiry, you will need to submit your request on form V888 which is available from www.direct.gov.uk/motoringforms and send to:

Vehicle Record Enquiries

DVLA

Swansea

SA99 1AJ

A copy of a utility bill or bank/building society statement, which shows your current address, issued within the last three months, must accompany a V888 request. Please fully read the guidance notes on the V888 before sending your application.

There is a fee for this service. Please make cheques or postal orders payable to DVLA Swansea.

You will receive a reply within 4 weeks.

Regards

W Davies

Customer Enquiries Group

DVLA"

I will not pay by cheque (they don't tell the amount of the fee :rolleyes: ), as the bank will charged huge fees for this, so I must find another solution.

Knowing who are the previous owners is the first step, but who knows, may be one of these previous owners is a TR Register member ?

Chris.

• 10 years later...

Never give up, as would say my old friend Peter Fenlon... Yes, @kalamunda is one of the previous owners of my TR2, in the early seventies !

Edited by Chris59

Staff members please, is there any way to send an email to "Kalamunda" ?

Apparently, he is not coming that often on this forum :wacko:

110212_165105.jpg

Edited by Chris59

Hi Roger,

I've already sent him a pm a few days ago, but he seems to haven't been on this forum since several years (less than me, btw :wacko:).

To be fair, I don't know if, when one send you a pm via this forum, an email is sent automatically -or not- by the forum to tell that you've got a new message ?

23 minutes ago, Chris59 said:

To be fair, I don't know if, when one send you a pm via this forum, an email is sent automatically -or not- by the forum to tell that you've got a new message ?

Only if your notifications are switched on.

Roger

Thanks Roger : pointing me in this direction was the best thing to do, as I just realised that my email adress was wrong :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 5:30 PM, RogerH said:

Only if your notifications are switched on.

Roger

Not necessarily, mine wont send me emails despite the option being turned on, hasnt done for years now.

Stuart.

No Peter, it isn't.

To be fair, I didn't even know there is such a list, and I don't think any of my (more or less) 12 TRs is on this list.

Edited by Chris59
  • 5 months later...

Chris, 

kalamandu / Donald has been in touch with me by email this morning. For some reason or other he is unable to respond on the forum  despite numerous unsuccesful requests to have his password recovered so if you send me a pm with your email address I will pass that on to Donald.

cheers

Derek  

• 3 months later...

Hi Derek,

I'm a bugger : apparently,  I forgot to press the "send" button several months ago, so Donald didn't get the email I "almost" sent, once back from holidays in January.

The one sent today should be delivered now, fortunately :wacko:

Thanks again for your help !

Edited by Chris59
  • 8 months later...

image.thumb.png.fea5dbf093a9557a4f8fefd862dd6c1c.png

Okay, it's not PYW 2, but this black TR2' registration seems to be "P** 2", if I'm not wrong. I wonder if it's still somewhere ?