BMW Differential

Hi All

After Saturday's blast in the Essex sunshine in the TR6, the rain left me kicking my heels Sunday afternoon...

The wife went out for some papers/mags and, good girl, bought me back Classic and Sports Car, plus Triumph World without even being prompted!!- top girl!!

Did anyone else see the very interesting article in TW, Dec issue, on the BMW differential upgrade, that provides better longevity, reliability and capable of handling more power and torque, for TR4A, TR5 TR250 and TR6?

Could be useful for anyone rebuilding or experiencing Diff difficulties??

Easy to fit kit apparently, can be done in four hours, cost though, about £2,115, outright purchase, no exchange.

I have no association here, just found it a very interesting article regarding techno progression - I recall a pal had serious diff problems many years ago in his 6 which cost him an absolute packet to resolve.

regards

Rob

The BMW e30's(325 IS for LSD) back end is basicly a copy of what Triumph did (only better) this conversion has been done a few times before usually on Snags.

Edited by gt6s

Interesting, I like the idea that people are still involved enough with our cars to work on developing these options, although this is perhaps a rich man's solution.

I put a Nissan R200 lsd in mine, the s/h diff cost £100, the fitting kit from RG cost rather more, but waaay less than £2,000. The diff is bomb-proof in a TR.

Have also seen US cars with Corvette rear ends, again I'm sure could be done at lower cost.

Ivor

Hi All

After Saturday's blast in the Essex sunshine in the TR6, the rain left me kicking my heels Sunday afternoon...

The wife went out for some papers/mags and, good girl, bought me back Classic and Sports Car, plus Triumph World without even being prompted!!- top girl!!

Did anyone else see the very interesting article in TW, Dec issue, on the BMW differential upgrade, that provides better longevity, reliability and capable of handling more power and torque, for TR4A, TR5 TR250 and TR6?

Could be useful for anyone rebuilding or experiencing Diff difficulties??

Easy to fit kit apparently, can be done in four hours, cost though, about £2,115, outright purchase, no exchange.

I have no association here, just found it a very interesting article regarding techno progression - I recall a pal had serious diff problems many years ago in his 6 which cost him an absolute packet to resolve.

regards

Rob

Hi Rob, I saw this article albeit briefly, surely if second hand diffs for TR's are pretty cheap and BMW diffs are 10 a penny why does the kit cost so much - I like the idea of upgraded stuff but £2K - wow a "tad too expensive" for me B)

This needs a detailed look into and 10%ing the cost :P