spare plugs holder

Ive seen spare sparking plug holders, for 4, with MG on them but can you get plain ones. Raymond has one on his 3A. Perhaps he filed off the MG. Thanks David J.

Good question. These guys sell something similar

http://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/en/list+accessories~plug+holder/

but that doesnt look the same as the one Raymond has on his car which is inscribed with the TR3 firing order. Perhaps Raymond made his ?

Stan

Yes David & Stan,

I did made it out of a piece U-shaped aluminium. Turned it up side down drilled 4 holes in it and tapped thread in it.

Finished it off with a piece of anodised aluminium in just the same shape as the brass EB and Comm. number tags.

To make it really complete I engraved it with the firing order 1342.

If you wanna have a look David, please visit my website !

Good luck - Raymond

Yes David & Stan,

I did made it out of a piece U-shaped aluminium. Turned it up side down drilled 4 holes in it and tapped thread in it.

Finished it off with a piece of anodised aluminium in just the same shape as the brass EB and Comm. number tags.

To make it really complete I engraved it with the firing order 1342.

If you wanna have a look David, please visit my website !

Good luck - Raymond

Nice job Raymond

noa03.png

I can remember these being made by V.W.Derrington of Kingston on Thames. I fitted one to my first TR3 in 1961 and have occasionally seen them on autojumble stalls.

I think Raymond should market his design or at least sell the engraved plate for the front since most of us can probably source the alu channel and tap the 14mm holes ourselves..

Raymond, did you do the engraved plate yourself or did you have that made up ?

Stan

• 4 years later...

HI,

Well, diggin' up an old post..

Perhaps of there are others thinking about a spark plug holder: Found this guy on ebay, looks nice and shiny and i think he can do a 4 plug holder of you mail him.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/2040_eng_ltd/m.html?item=221629987393&hash=item339a2d3a41&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

cheers edwin

HI,

Well, diggin' up an old post..

Perhaps of there are others thinking about a spark plug holder: Found this guy on ebay, looks nice and shiny and i think he can do a 4 plug holder of you mail him.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/2040_eng_ltd/m.html?item=221629987393&hash=item339a2d3a41&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

cheers edwin

Have an eight then youve got two sets! :lol:

Stuart.

If you keep your car as clean as Raymond, fine!

But for the rest of us they'd be better off in their boxes, in the glove box, or tool kit in the boot, instead of advertising the ignition system's unreliability!

John

i have 1 spare with me, but to be honest, i have this one for years.. in all 4 cars i have never had to replace the plug while driving..

i only use it for a quick check to be sure i have spark on all cables.

cables, rotor, cap are more prone to fail..

looks very bling if one likes, i'll keep mine as simple as possible

Hi Guys

I don´t think it is a good idea to show the firing order because, I frequently change the wiring around as another anti theft device when the car is parked let´s say overnight in a street, or car park.

Dave

Edwin

I have a few extra gismoes as well, but a few no visible ones are the best, One like yours in the 3A would be too conspicuous in the engine compartmernt, elsewhere means more cables.

Dave.