Brighton speed trials 11th September

Dont have a go at me :rolleyes: I am in it again, not realy a competition but a chance for everyone to show off !!

Lots of family troubles in the later half of this year meant I did not get to all the events I wanted to in my first year but had loads of fun anyway.

The entry list is fantastic again and the best of all manufacturers is No 1 :P

Edited by V8again

Chris

I am afraid that with my puny 2.7 litres I do not see a lot of point and anyway shall be at Wiscombe.

I remember years ago seeing Jim Tiller go over the line at 165mph (when it was a kilometre)........in the wet!!!

Regards

John

Not sure but I think I have been watching the Allard for 20-25 years, may be wrong, however a scary monster and he has had some recent mishaps, salt flats I think.

If you are not Turbo, 4WD and 1000hp you dont get a look in but many many people will stand and talk forever about a TR (or TVR) some of them claim.

Personaly I have been going on and off for 40 years and always wished I could enter something, the car I ended up with has more clout with the orgs and marshals than most things on four wheels and a TR5 (John) would atract more attention then me, but like you maybe I am a driver not a show'er, 2010 I never visited one :)

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

First wet speed trials at Brighton I have ever encountered and I guess my lack of experience and no choice of tyre change made my 60ft time the worst of the year. But what fun, Ferrari's and hill climb cars in the barriers.

TOA was straight off the line and the terminal 10mph up on last year in the dry so need to get the start sorted for 2011. Sorry about the posing just had to get the lights on for the press and fly the flag for the TR's ;)

My Pics