sapphire blue TR6

Help! I am having an argument with myself-just finishing retoration of my 6 and thinking of changing the colour from Pimento to sapphire blue(anyone know the paint code??)but:should it have a black rear or a blue rear? if black should it be matt or satin? anyone have any really good pic's of their pride and joy, tips, thoughts!.

much appreciated Andrew.

Andrew

All TR6's had black (satin i am pretty sure) rear end... Though as you may have noticed, a small number of restorations have the rear panel the same colour as the rest of the car... Each to their own of course, but to me it has to be black!!!

Brgds

Help! I am having an argument with myself-just finishing retoration of my 6 and thinking of changing the colour from Pimento to sapphire blue(anyone know the paint code??)but:should it have a black rear or a blue rear? if black should it be matt or satin? anyone have any really good pic's of their pride and joy, tips, thoughts!.

much appreciated Andrew.

Andrew, great colour choice :P Guy's pictures just about say it all, a satin black rear end is correct IMHO.

I would assume that the windscreen frame should also be satin, however mine has not been done yet, is satin right for this also? :blink:

is satin right for this also? :blink:

Yes apart from early cars, cant remember change point though and yours maybe early enough so that will save some work.

Stuart

Edited by stuart

Paint code is 096. Great choice of colour. I think the satin black rear panel (with soot features) has been addressed. I **think** a Sapphire Blue car shouldn't have a body coloured windscreen surround as this was only done on very early cars and Sapphire wasn't an available colour at that time.

I've bought paint from various suppliers and it is all very similar in colour, although it isn't quite the same colour as my car, probably due to fading with age.

Body colour goes well with a tan interior as well.

Kevin

Andrew

All TR6's had black (satin i am pretty sure) rear end... Though as you may have noticed, a small number of restorations have the rear panel the same colour as the rest of the car... Each to their own of course, but to me it has to be black!!!

Brgds

Thanks for your input,

andrew

Andrew, great colour choice :P Guy's pictures just about say it all, a satin black rear end is correct IMHO.

I would assume that the windscreen frame should also be satin, however mine has not been done yet, is satin right for this also? :blink:

I think you are probably right regarding the frame, so much to notice with these cars!

cheers

andrew

Andrew

Brgds

Hi Ian, I reckon you are right!

Thanks

Andrew

Paint code is 096. Great choice of colour. I think the satin black rear panel (with soot features) has been addressed. I **think** a Sapphire Blue car shouldn't have a body coloured windscreen surround as this was only done on very early cars and Sapphire wasn't an available colour at that time.

I've bought paint from various suppliers and it is all very similar in colour, although it isn't quite the same colour as my car, probably due to fading with age.

Body colour goes well with a tan interior as well.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

thanks for the info-looks like satin will win the day,any pics of the tan interior-did you get it from Moss?

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew

Brgds

Thanks

Ian.

much appreciated Andrew.

Andrew,

I recently had the same thoughts about the black rear. Although my paint was jasmine yellow and a light colour, a friend of mine has his jasmine yellow car with the same coloured rear and windscreen surround (but it is an early CP). I opted for the black and am pleased with the result, black for me all the way. I suppose you could change your mind later without too much grief.

Good luck with the restoration,

Spyder

Andrew,

I recently had the same thoughts about the black rear. Although my paint was jasmine yellow and a light colour, a friend of mine has his jasmine yellow car with the same coloured rear and windscreen surround (but it is an early CP). I opted for the black and am pleased with the result, black for me all the way. I suppose you could change your mind later without too much grief.

Good luck with the restoration,

Spyder

I think satin black is winning!

cheers

Hi Kevin,

thanks for the info-looks like satin will win the day,any pics of the tan interior-did you get it from Moss?

Cheers

Andrew

I can email pictures if you send me a PM with your email address (I've got no easy way to host them, so can't post on the Forum - or at least I think I can't)

Seats and interior came from TR shop. The seats are very similar to the Mos aftermarket ones, but have a diamond shape in the leather that is very similar to the orignal Triumph pattern.

Kevin