Looking for 1962 TR4 reg 9067 RW

• 3 years later...

Hi Jonathan. If you have a bona fide reason (which I think you have) then you need a V888 form from either the Post Office or the DVLA (you may be able to print one off). Fill it in and send it to the DVLA. Depending on what you want to know, there is a set fee of either £2.50p or £5. Hope this helps, let us know if you are successful.

Good Luck.

Dave

• 3 years later...

Just picked up on this thread and I own 6181 RW and have done since Oct 1989, it was used as a press vehicle and also I found out that the first owner displayed on the Heritage Trace was non other than Donald Stokes ( Director of Standard Triumph ) at the time.

I wrote to him in the early 90's and he replied to tell me that he taught his son to drive in the car as well.

• 2 months later...

Still looking for this car!!  Haven't given up!

Did sell the Fulvia though....sadly it went to the US.

Tempted by another one, but have an old 911 at the moment.

Really hope I can find the TR4 one day.  Would love to use it properly - rallies etc.

DVLA is a closed door now for such enquiries - not a chance now with data protection tightening.

So am in the arms of Lady Luck!!

Hi Jonathon,

regarding the GDPR - when contacting the DVLA have you asked them to contact the owner and pass on your contact details.

If no good on the phone go to the offices and speak to somebody in person.

Roger

• 1 year later...
On 8/7/2010 at 5:44 PM, bruciebonuz said:

Dear all, I am a new member and am looking for a TR4 that belonged to my late father in the 1960s when he was wooing my mother in Cardiff in the late 60s. I have a photo of mum sitting on the bonnet! Apparently according to the DVLA the car does still exist, is blue and has recently been relicensed. Any help in finding this car would be hugely appreciated. I am a classic car fan and own a racing Fulvia HF. Again, any help would be very much appreciated by my brother and I. I am in Harpenden in Herts.

Registration is "9067 RW" and its a 1962 car.

Thanks

Jonathan

Here is another photograph https://www.facebook.com/Tim-Williams-Fine-Art-307169566616855/

• 1 year later...

Update in 9067 RW. 

My uncle acquired the sad remains of this car in the late 80's and restored/saved the car from certain fate giving it a full rebuild using I believe a rust free shell from the states. At the time the car was restored to a very high standard and finished and on the road MOT'd in 1990. My uncle was off an age where he did not then drive or use the car and and only covered possibly a hundred miles or so over the next 30 years. I was aware my uncle owned the TR4 but did not know the registration number. My uncle sadly passed away in 2012 and the car was kept in a garage along side a 1956 Bentley R Type  which was laid up to rest in 1971. Unfortunately the Tr4 suffered whilst in storage from a leaking roof until the Grandsons decided to cover it with a waterproof cover, good idea unfortunately the car was still wet  inside so suffered from the dampness until I bought the car from my Auntie in March 2021. Anyway the car was in a sorry state, micro blistering too paintwork, rusty chromework, mouldy carpets, seized engine/ brakes/ Clutch rotten brake pipes, radiator, new tyres which were flat and perished and various electrical switches which didnt work etc.  Anyway I'm glad to report a sympathetic reccomisioning was done and the TR returned to the road in Late June 2021 still showing a few scars from it long term storage and neglect and is enjoyed with it's rebuilt engine and fitted overdrive ( thanks Pete and Tom ) along with my other two TR's. The car is basically standard and I've driven and restored 20 or so TR's over the last 45+ years and I've got to say it one of the most enjoyable cars I've ever driven. A credit to my uncle's restoration he did some 30+ years ago. I have spoken with Johnathan on a number of occasions and sent him pictures of the car now, he has also sent me some photo's of the car when his dad owned the car one which showed his mom sitting on the bonnet which I would guess was taken in the 60's/70's before his parents were married. The car has covered about 600miles since being back on the road and hasn't missed a beat. 

Mike.

Good to hear Johnathan has finally tracked down his dads old TR. I keep seeing cars with RW registrations and would love to get my hands on one as my initials.

Ralph

Hope to enjoy the Tr4 for a good few years in my ownership until I decide to part with it and then it will be passed over to Jonathan who I'm sure would like to own his dad's car as he is clearly passionate about classic cars and will use it as it should be. Hopefully the registration number will always remain with the car as it has no value as far as I'm concerned unless it remains on the original car. Mike

I wasn`t touting to buy the number, like you I think a number should be kept with a vehicle, after all Johnathan would not have been able to find his dads old car without it.

I bought R111PHS several years ago which I used on various work vans, currently on retention, but it was an un issued number straight from DVLA.

I look now and then, but when RW numbers do turn up they are usually too expensive.

Ralph