3.9 upgrade

Guest TR8 STEVE

Guest TR8 STEVE

Hi guys,

I have just bought a 3.9 efi  to replace my 3.5 with a webber 500 can anybody tell me what mods i need to make to go this route. I have been told bigger fuel pump and a return to tank which is a nightmare job apperently so some advise would be good.

Thanks Steve...

Hi Steve

You will need a high pressure fuel pump. I used a Sierra Cosworth pump mounted on the rear bulkhead, gravity fed from the tank. You will also need a 1/2" bore supply to the pump & return to the tank. S&S Preparations will sell you a tank modified with a swirl pot internally and a 1/2" supply line etc, you can use the original fuel pick up as a return. The S&S tank is a good way to go if you are not confident in modifying your own tank. Also note the Vitesse/Range rover plenum chamber will not fit under a standard Tr8 bonnet if you use the standard Tr8 subframe & mounts. S&S say their lowered subframe will allow it all to fit. All the other clearance problems etc are as per usual. The torque increase is substantial so it is a good mod to do go for it.

Andy