Lumenation Electronic Ignition parts

Help,

I recently bought a 1973 CR TR6 (KHR 999P)and can not stop smiling or driving it. On Sunday after a run out the car died on me just before I reached home. On investigation it seems that the HT lead from the coil to the distributor cap had a high impedance (18500 ohms for a less than a foot length). The coil was producing a spark however it was not beefy enough to operate the spark plugs. After refering to the forums I have ordered a set of magnercor ignition leads as a replacement. To check my diagnostics I have borrowed a replacement HT lead to make certain that the high impedance was in fact my problem. I have a lumenation electronic ignition fitted ( I belive to be a FK116 model)and after some internet research proved the system is operating correctly. In my haste to prove that the lead was indeed the problem I replaced the distributor cap incorrectly and have manged to destoy my rotor arm and snapped 3 spokes off the electronic ignition'chopper'. Can anyone tell me were I can get a replacement rotor and chopper

Yours Aye

Shaun

Help,

I recently bought a 1973 CR TR6 (KHR 999P)and can not stop smiling or driving it. On Sunday after a run out the car died on me just before I reached home. On investigation it seems that the HT lead from the coil to the distributor cap had a high impedance (18500 ohms for a less than a foot length). The coil was producing a spark however it was not beefy enough to operate the spark plugs. After refering to the forums I have ordered a set of magnercor ignition leads as a replacement. To check my diagnostics I have borrowed a replacement HT lead to make certain that the high impedance was in fact my problem. I have a lumenation electronic ignition fitted ( I belive to be a FK116 model)and after some internet research proved the system is operating correctly. In my haste to prove that the lead was indeed the problem I replaced the distributor cap incorrectly and have manged to destoy my rotor arm and snapped 3 spokes off the electronic ignition'chopper'. Can anyone tell me were I can get a replacement rotor and chopper

Yours Aye

Shaun

Shaun

Rimmers had some choppers for sale at Malvern £6.00 each and The dizzy doc is your man for a rotor arm

Shaun,

Been there, done that....

If Rimmers don't have the chopper wheels, the Lumenition fitting kits are available from other suppliers. I ended up getting one of these kits from Moss, and they were about £16. You get both 6cyl and 4cyl choppers plus some other fittings that you will never need, so if anyone needs a 4cyl chopper wheel, let me know!

John

Shaun,

Been there, done that....

If Rimmers don't have the chopper wheels, the Lumenition fitting kits are available from other suppliers. I ended up getting one of these kits from Moss, and they were about £16. You get both 6cyl and 4cyl choppers plus some other fittings that you will never need, so if anyone needs a 4cyl chopper wheel, let me know!

John

Contacted Rimmers and yes I had to buy the fixing kit £15.50 plus package and post so i will have a few spare bits as well

Shaun

• 2 weeks later...