Fit of Abarth twin exhaust system for TR4A IRS

Hi fellow TR folks,

Has any body experience of the Abarth twin exhaust system (picture below). My Tr4A was made with the twin system. I am wandering if...

1. The twin pipes leaving from the rear of the front Abarth box will follow the same route as the single original pipe? That is between the chassis rails and and above the plate (pls see picture attached of my current set up).

2. Are these systems too loud for town driving or long trips?

3. How have people found their quality, fit, and longevity?

Many Thanks for any advice ...

Best Regards,

Jim

TR4A IRS CTC68***

post-8886-018709300 1279257542_thumb.jpg

rear underside.pdf

post-8886-018709300 1279257542_thumb.jpg

rear underside.pdf

It will fit in exactly the same way as at present although careful alignment of the tubes through the rails is called for. They do very often turn up on US market 4/4a/250s and sometimes a variant of that system can be seen on 3s as well. They arent any noisier than some of the sport systems around and are supposed to be quite "Free flowing". Usually expensive systems to buy as well.

Stuart.

Thank you Stuart for sharing that. I will close the post with a picture of them in place for future reference.

BRgds

Jim

• 1 month later...

Hi, Picture of installed Abarths for others future reference. The fit was very good as Stuart advised, and the sound is not excessive. Can't tell of any performance improvement.

Best Regards

post-8886-002084900 1283822144_thumb.jpg

post-8886-002084900 1283822144_thumb.jpg