TR3A - TARGO PURPLE trim color question

Can anyone show me the trim color Targo Purple via a color swatch either on this forum or via a website so that I can view the the color? Thx.

Was it similar to the purple offered on the 1973-1974 TR6 model years? Not the maroon burgundy (Damson), but actual purple (can't think of the technical name right now for the royal purple).

Dykins, love the color of your car. Looks like my TR3B - powder blue color. Is it powder blue?

Edited by GR8968

Yes, thank U! That's it; Magenta.

Anyone know what Targo Purple looks like...where I can view it. I just viewed the Magenta color (TR6 paint) on TR Registry.com.

I'm looking to view Targo Purple (TR3A trim) somewhere. Thx.

Love the color of your TR4, Dykins...looks powder blue like my TR3B.

Is it powder blue?

Edited by GR8968

Anyone know what Targo Purple looks like...where I can view it.

I'm looking to view Targo Purple (TR3A trim) somewhere.

I don't have any colour sample, but it's a fairly pale

purple, not really purple at all, quite pale, more like

a well washed washed out purple.

I can understand it being referred to as rather insipid,

but it's always good to see original colours. They do

add a lot to the car IMO.

AlanR

Can anyone show me the trim color Targo Purple via a color swatch either on this forum or via a website so that I can view the the color?

Here's a DuPont color chart showing it as a paint color; note that the trim color was very close to this.

dupont60.jpg

"PhotoShopped" from that color chart to a scanned image, you get:

targo.jpg

And Rochford Supply has a leather called "Plum" that is a reasonably close color match:

Plum leather from Rochford

Hope that helps a bit (from the owner of a pile of bits that used to be a Targo Purple Herald 948 sedan with matching interior!)

Thx, TR 2100.

Yes, it is very pale. More than I thought. Would look nice with a royal purple TR3. That would be sweeeeeeeet, but I'm not about to repaint my original paint car....maybe one day I'll get another TR3 and paint it purple or get a TR6 in magenta. That would be nice.

Thx, Herald 948.

That's really good seeing the Targo purple on the cartoon car like that and the swatches. Very nice. Good link, too. Oh, I would have left that Targo Purple or replaced with new Targo Purple, whichever.

Thx, Viv.

Good site. I've added it to my Favorites. I'll see if they supply samples to U.S.A.

Oh! Powder blue would look great with targo purple. Fine taste you have, sir! But I agree that it's a little on the pale side. A few shades darker would have been nice!

My p/b car has chocolate brown / powder blue piping trim. Not a combination you see very often though.

Menno

P1020926Large.jpg

Love the color of your TR4, Dykins...looks powder blue like my TR3B.

Is it powder blue?

Thank you, but actually it is Wedgwood Blue, which is (obviously) very similar to Powder Blue

Regards

Peter

Oh! Powder blue would look great with targo purple. Fine taste you have, sir! But I agree that it's a little on the pale side. A few shades darker would have been nice!

My p/b car has chocolate brown / powder blue piping trim. Not a combination you see very often though.

Menno

P1020926Large.jpg

No sir, I wouldn't like p/b car w/ targo purple interior either. What I typed before your response was the following:

"Would look nice with a royal purple TR3. That would be sweeeeeeeet, but I'm not about to repaint my original paint car....maybe one day I'll get another TR3 and paint it purple or get a TR6 in magenta."

Now THAT would be cool. Dark purple exterior w/ diff. shade purple interior.

"Frisky Lady Sings the Blues"

Powder Blue TR3B

p.s. - I have never seen your car color combo. Did you buy it like that or did you change the paint or interior of your car?

My friend has a choc. brown painted old Benz. We call it the Hershey Bar car.

p.s. - I have never seen your car color combo. Did you buy it like that or did you change the paint or interior of your car?

My car is originally p/b with a black (leather) interior according to the Heritage Certificate. But when I bought the car, the interior was blue. About the colour you see in the left hand corner of your screen: the background blue where the Triumph wreath is. Nice on a website, ugly in a TR!

I was thinking about reupholstering the interior in black, but one of my kids was wearing a p/b t-shirt with small chocolate striping. I decided to pick that colour. Non original, but then again, my car isn't original anymore eighter.

Menno