HS6 Linkages and Springs .........

Hi David, here comes my explanation.

Please note first this: any force should be 90° to the lever, and the lever should be als long as possible.

To know this helps very much.

On your photo the horizontal link points slighty downwards,

this is only possible with the 95 mm long lever on the accelerator shaft "down",

about 15 - 20° up from the horizon, like this

4M1n8VZgCm08ly-Jxcl0-WPGuVlmxJzHC74xPh4x

The force you push the vertical link down pushes the horizontal sidewards,

but the force is wasted mainly to the center of the shaft, it doesn't turn the lever up, this is close after TDC on engines.

You can't easily "play" with the carbs.

Please not: stepping on your accelerator pedal turns the shaft for example 15° and pulls on the link 13 mm, this is about half trottle

This is how I adjusted the lever: 70° up, like posted earlier this thread from a new member.

My horizontal link points slightly upwards.

vyjPehVaEwGANxkKNKzhE6xbnSbSmCL9Ja2UYjdr

Nearly no force is wasted to the center, the force is mainly 90° to the lever, it is very easy to turn it up by pushing the short lever down.

Please not: stepping on my accelerator pedal and turn the shaft 15° pulls the horizontal link 25 mm, this is (faster) full trottle.

Perhaps I should reduce it....(I made the shaft anjustable some years ago and can turn the lever)

About the same with the vertical link: pointing to the pivot point - you can't easily turn the crank bell.

af_KDji-0surCNgslC4ILca1CXoHm6iUMrbLg8Bz

I made it longer, not pointing to the pivot point, easy to turn the crank bell by pushing the rod down.

TGi0HrV14h-mybtIFjvkvk4rubtO-eV3WnLAsksG

This is automaticly the case on your wider crank bell.

Last my sketch I made for a article in 2016 for the IG Südwest club magazin, showing the correct position where to fix the links.

Mostly it is shown wrong or confusing...

zsJzlJX3pXgzsMhHgZ-OABLC9KtuxoDP4DrXydag

And finally my advice:

any force should be 90° to the lever, and the lever should be als long als possible.

To know this helps very much. :lol:

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320

But dont forget you need a little slack in the linkage arrangements to prevent "Kangarooing" on rough roads.

Stuart.

Marco, many thanks for your advice; I have adjusted the links so that they are more or less perpendicular to each other, my accelerator lever sits at 55deg from the horizontal, it's pinned in that position and a lot of work to bring it any higher than that, so for another day perhaps, I would be interested how you have your lever adjustable if I understand that correctly.

Best Regards

David

carb linkages 90 deg.JPG

David,

it is a connecting nut and 2 lock nuts

tAkcwcsA9PNSUBgurNC4mbEgM9D2_oyALGicGXMR

This happend by accident because the pin was too tight - I had to cut the shaft in pieces to get it out.

In your case, if you are pleased and get easy full trottle by stepping on the pedal, I would do nothing.

Ciao, Marco

Edited by Z320