Top Gear item

Guest OSGOOD ISGOOD

Guest OSGOOD ISGOOD
Nice of James Mays to extol the virtues of the TR6 on the best of Top Gear at the week-end (I missed it first time around). And also nice that he didn't subject the car to the same hooligan treatment that blokes D-Type got earlier in the series when they broke it! I have to say I can't get my head around the way the programme seems to glory in driving like total numptys, all squealing tyres and frantic steering wheel action etc. I thought the sign of a good driver was always looking to be in control of the car! Maybe I'm getting old!?
Guest OSGOOD ISGOOD

You could be right. I'm sure most of the noises are dubbed, hard to get a sound track whilst on the move owing to wind noise etc!

Maybe they used the same GT40 that was used in Bullit?

Great advert for the TR6 and as for the quote,  "This car's so masculine if it could go to the toilet it would leave the seat up" speaks for itself, but its a shame he drove it in the pouring rain, especially with the hood down, Still, I suppose he's been rust-proofed as well.