Over the last 2 days I have been recovering my seats, after cleaning and painting the frames I put in the old rubber seat Pan thingys, I put the passenger one on the drivers side for it seemed in better nick, But then I had an attack of the hay'peth of tar syndrome, the kit cost £750, so I should fit new "diaphrams" shouldnt I.

TR bits to the rescue and delivered last night, what a bloody awful job to fit the sodding things, having lost a stone in weight over the past few weeks to keep my consultant proffessor happy, I am clearly not the man I was, it took me almost an hour to get each one in position, and my elbow and finger joints are screaming now for a period of convalescence, there should be a public health warning on the rubber pan.

I eventually got them covered but will have to recut the drivers side hardboard inset piece for I havent cut it correctly.

Didnt get many replies to trim help on my last request, but does anyone know what your supposed to do to the front either side of the backrest piece at the base,I havent glued it yet, I will have to visit Pogo methinks.

see pic and one of my blingless engine.

DSC04814.jpg

DSC04816.jpg

Beautiful seats and engine bay B)

Well done mate! :)

Just noticed your vacuum on your distributor looks like it is in the wrong position?

Hi Pete

I'll come over sometime if that helps.

Give me a call.

Roger

Peter

seats look very good. I suspect , like me, many of us have never done what youre doing so are in a position to help. I'm sending my (Ridguard) seats to a 'sailmaker' to retrim, he'll charge about £100 each + materials. As they aren standard anyway I thought that would be best option.

Anyway they are looking sweet

Robin

Hi Peter,

Looking great - that's really going to be the place to sit this summer!

This is now of little help but I found a relatively easy way to fit the diaphragms which may help others.

I fitted it along one side first (easy!) and then used one of those nail/tack removing tools (like a large flat bladed screwdriver with a ‘v’ cut in the end…) to push each of the c-clips into the holes in the frame on the opposite side. You can get a good bit of purchase this way - much easier than trying to hold onto them with pliers etc…

That’s still the only time I’ve ever used that tool...

Cheers,

Ben

Ben I cut a big screwdriver down and made a V in the centre, but I couldnt push them home I had to make a lever system to eventually crack it.

your suggestion is fine for old ones but the new ones are to small for that fix, unless its me!