Alternator Loom Wiring

Hi,

Have just purchased a new loom for my alternator, and the colour coding does not seem to match the old wiring diagrams I have 2 brown wires linked, which I think attach to the solenoid (but where) and a white/redstripe with a ring terminal attached, does anyone have a diagramm to suit, Oh and by the way I have converted to neg earth

Thanks

Keith

Hi Keith

On my TR3A with an alternator, the red/white wire goes to the small terminal on the solenoid and the "double " brown wires crimped into one large connector, go to the large terminal on the solenoid. I have a third heavier brown wire that also goes to this same terminal but I have the heavier duty alternator, so you may not have this third wire. I bought mine from Moss in Bristol, who were no help at all with wiring instructions.

Dave

Hi Keith

On my TR3A with an alternator, the red/white wire goes to the small terminal on the solenoid and the "double " brown wires crimped into one large connector, go to the large terminal on the solenoid. I have a third heavier brown wire that also goes to this same terminal but I have the heavier duty alternator, so you may not have this third wire. I bought mine from Moss in Bristol, who were no help at all with wiring instructions.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

I to am puzzled by which wires go where when the alternator is fitted particularly as Moss refer to yellow and a yellow/green wires where as on the alternator supplied I have a yellow and a heavy and a light brown wire. I think recently there was an article on gutting the control box and using it as a terminal block for the spare wires. Can anyone please point me the right way?

Many thanks.