JAP 788 scrapped TR2?

Going through my old colour transparencies I came across a pic of a red TR2 outside a hotel, in Callella on the Costa Brava in July 1965. I have no way of transferring this to digital so can only give its reg no of JAP 788. According to DVLA it was first registered on 16 07 1954 and date of liability was 1 11 1984 and the colour was listed as white.

On the off chance anyone knows of it I would be happy to pass on a snippet - I understand the guy owning it was the brother of Dave Clark the drummer - yes get your thinking caps on - The Dave Clark Five who had quite a few top 10'S in the mid 60's.

OK before you say it I know - sad person.

Going through my old colour transparencies I came across a pic of a red TR2 outside a hotel, in Callella on the Costa Brava in July 1965. I have no way of transferring this to digital so can only give its reg no of JAP 788. According to DVLA it was first registered on 16 07 1954 and date of liability was 1 11 1984 and the colour was listed as white.

On the off chance anyone knows of it I would be happy to pass on a snippet - I understand the guy owning it was the brother of Dave Clark the drummer - yes get your thinking caps on - The Dave Clark Five who had quite a few top 10'S in the mid 60's.

If its still on DVLA records there is a good chance that it still exists as that means the logbook has been updated to V5C. (Or else someone has kept the logbook up to try and nick the number one day) ;)

Stuart

...I understand the guy owning it was the brother of Dave Clark the drummer - yes get your thinking caps on - The Dave Clark Five who had quite a few top 10'S in the mid 60's.

Sorry, I'm too busy feeling 'Glad all over'! :lol:

Yes, I'm a sado too!

Cheers

Andrew

quote name='jemgee' date='09 April 2010 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1270809985' post='166879']

I must be a sad person too!....... Was "The 13 Steps to Hell" there in 1965? It was in 1968 along with the disco dancers in cages and some of my class mates. Two groups of ex "Swakeleys Academy for young Ladies" girls, meet up by chance in a night club in Callella. Oh what fun.

Sue ;)

NB It is possible to scan slides and post an image here directly from you computer. If you have a scanner capable of scanning slides.

Sue :rolleyes: I'm in pieces, bits and pieces.

This is a scanned slide of four of us in Callella in 1968, guess which one is me???? I am not wearing green, I am not wearing a hat and I am not inbetween two people.

Edited by SuzanneH

Presumably its the car that is in Bits and Pieces

Any way onto my next question - can anyone recommend which of the slide scanners (approx £70) are the ones to buy -I have about 1000 from 1960's to mid 90's which I want to transfer onto Cd or DVD

All I can remember of the holiday was drinking Cuba Libres most of the evening and a group of us riding horses from the beach back to the farm up in the hills (for free??) and then staggering back down the track in the moonlight. That was enough to persuade me not to have too many Cuba Libres in future and never to get on a horse again.

Oh and the rail line running along the back of the beach

Edited by jemgee

Presumably its the car that is in Bits and Pieces

Any way onto my next question - can anyone recommend which of the slide scanners (approx £70) are the ones to buy -I have about 1000 from 1960's to mid 90's which I want to transfer onto Cd or DVD

All I can remember of the holiday was drinking Cuba Libres most of the evening and a group of us riding horses from the beach back to the farm up in the hills (for free??) and then staggering back down the track in the moonlight. That was enough to persuade me not to have too many Cuba Libres in future and never to get on a horse again.

Oh and the rail line running along the back of the beach

Hi Gemgee

Our scanner is an Epson Perfection 3170 a bit old now, sure PC World would be able to advise.

I preferred La Mumba(Brandy and Chocolate) to Cuba Libres. That railway between the beach and the town was BL**^y dangerous staggering from

beach bar back to Hotel, across the railway lines, after several La Mumbas'. Still here to tell the tale though.

Happy days

Sue :rolleyes:

Edited by SuzanneH

quote name='jemgee' date='09 April 2010 - 11:46 AM' timestamp='1270809985' post='166879']

I must be a sad person too!....... Was "The 13 Steps to Hell" there in 1965? It was in 1968 along with the disco dancers in cages and some of my class mates. Two groups of ex "Swakeleys Academy for young Ladies" girls, meet up by chance in a night club in Callella. Oh what fun.

Sue

NB It is possible to scan slides and post an image here directly from you computer. If you have a scanner capable of scanning slides.

Sue I'm in pieces, bits and pieces.

This is a scanned slide of four of us in Callella in 1968, guess which one is me???? I am not wearing green, I am not wearing a hat and I am not inbetween two people.

Is it the one under the umbrella lighting the ciggy

Roger

• 2 years later...

JAP788 -- TS26470 -- in rural Bucks

Is alive but not very well at the moment, in fact you might say in bits and pieces, 30 year rebuild going apace and on schedule for completion in !!!

I have owned this white (was red) TR2 since 1973, did about 200 000 in 9 years on a budget (broke 4 cranks, 2 gear boxes 1 back axel (TR3A) and lots more besides), trips to the Alps, Pyrenees, Scotland, Wales and daily transport for work with mileage all over the UK. What a car! Still love it, but then the family came along and the rebuild started. It is still ongoing, regularly but slowly, and will be Green next for a change.

Only just picked up on this thread, but regards to all those in the register (still a member) that knew me and Ali in the seventies.

JAP788 -- TS26470 -- in rural Bucks

Is alive but not very well at the moment, in fact you might say in bits and pieces, 30 year rebuild going apace and on schedule for completion in !!!

I have owned this white (was red) TR2 since 1973, did about 200 000 in 9 years on a budget (broke 4 cranks, 2 gear boxes 1 back axel (TR3A) and lots more besides), trips to the Alps, Pyrenees, Scotland, Wales and daily transport for work with mileage all over the UK. What a car! Still love it, but then the family came along and the rebuild started. It is still ongoing, regularly but slowly, and will be Green next for a change.

Only just picked up on this thread, but regards to all those in the register (still a member) that knew me and Ali in the seventies.

Paul, welcome to this forum and thanks for checking in. Pictures are always appreciated...

Stan