Funnily enough I happened to be very close to a bare Italia shell yesterday. Nice car I have always fancied one (In my dreams :lol:;) ) Second time I have been close to one under restoration. This is one spotted a while ago in California.

Stuart

WorkshopPictures136.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Peter, the TR Register's Italia Registrar would know far better than me, but I think there were a small number of RHD TR3A chassis' sent over to Vignale for Italia's.

The final cars would have been LHD though as Vignale used the last 29 x TSF series TR3B chassis' for these. The attraction was their 1991cc engines which apparently fell under lower taxing laws in Italy. Later TCF series TR3B's such as I had, were fitted with 2138cc TR4 engines, gearboxes and front disc brakes.

Italia #250, the ex Neil Revington associated "Yellow Peril" lives nearby these days, and it came out here RHD, but I don't know if it was converted at some stage.

Regards,

Viv.

While on the subject of RHD italias, has anyone here bought the Revington Italia replica shell?

The article about the yellow italia is still on the site

http://www.revingtontr.com/shop/collection_display.asp?CID=728

and the shells are apparently still for sale in ally or steel. Presumably made to order?

http://www.revingtontr.com/shop/search.asp?CarType=ALL&SearchText=italia+shell&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

I saw a lovely Italia (but aren't they all?) at Techno Classica this year. But really, wouldn't it be better to save your money and get a better car? Same designer, upgraded mechanicals, and sporting open-top motoring the way it's meant to be. Of course I'm speaking of the TR4, aka the Triumph Italia II...