I am currently running 165 SR 15 Michelin XZX with wire wheels on my 4A however they are way past their sell by date so I need to replace,the car is used for normal road use so I am looking for a tyre which will give be the combination of a good ride and good handleing. Any advice most welcome.

Hi Riverstar, I've been using Firestone F560's on my 4A for several years now. Some may think they don't carry the same "esteem" as others, but the harsh reality is they don't carry the same price tag either. The F560's have been excellent for my own level of use which is casual/normal, safe & comfortable use.........with no interest in leaving an expensive trail of rubber on tarmac at lights and bends etc. Horses for courses with no rights or wrongs, but I'd say consider your use including your likely mileage, and then the ability of your bank manager to suit that use. If I needed to replace now, I'd definitely do "same again".

Cheers.

Hi Riverstar.

I am also a recent TR4A owner and member, and when purchased it was on fairly new Tubeless 165 x 15 tyres but I was surprised that they were 80 section and so it seems to 'stand tall'. I am begining to think this may well contribute to a surprising amount of oversteer which needs careful management. Of course I accept that IRS and standard bushes also contribute. Nobody I,ve seen ever seems to mention tyre profile in the blogs. Views on this might help us both.

Rodwell

Hi Riverstar.

I am also a recent TR4A owner and member, and when purchased it was on fairly new Tubeless 165 x 15 tyres but I was surprised that they were 80 section and so it seems to 'stand tall'. I am begining to think this may well contribute to a surprising amount of oversteer which needs careful management. Of course I accept that IRS and standard bushes also contribute. Nobody I,ve seen ever seems to mention tyre profile in the blogs. Views on this might help us both.

Rodwell

80 section was as near as shove it to original equipment size.

Stuart.