Heritage TR6 Body Shells

Hi Andrew,

My car was rebuilt with one of these shells. You may recall it from Malvern last year - early Royal Blue 6 with the NLG group.

Harry Dent rebuilt it on a new CTM chassis. It wasn't a "bad" shell but did take a week or maybe two in a body shop to get the best out of it. I was more than pleased with the end result. This was back in 1998/99,no problems to report on the body since then...so far!

I did a deal with Colin at CTM & I part echanged what was left of my car for a shell he had. I seem to recall that the advice was that such shells needed a lot of fettling (more than mine did) to get an acceptable fit.

BTW, I believe my front bulkhead is now running around in repaired TR which was nice to hear.....

I expect Harry could give you the low down on working with one of these shells.

Mark Veysey.

Hi Mark,

Yes, I think I do remember seeing a rather nice Royal Blue TR6 with the NLG last year.

If you haven't got one already then my Heritage TR6 Body Shell sales brochure and Price List (see Heritage TR6 Body Shells) is yours for a pint at Malvern or Classic Le Mans - I can post it or being on the Surrey/Hants borders you can collect it if you wish?

Cheers

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the offer, I do recall that i had some info from an old classic car show at the NEC but not seen them for years! Probably lost in a house move....

I'm over at Grayshott so would be easy to call in, just let me know when it would be best to drop by.

cheers,

Mark.

My 1971 CP TR6 was rebuilt in 2002/3 using one of the last two Heritage Shells that MOSS had left. Chassis is orginal, or as original as a 40 year old chassis is likely to be. I'd be fascinated to see another car built with a heritage body to compare notes (and shut lines ;)).

Mark - I'm on the Grayshott side of Farnham and pop up and down the A287 quite frequently in my 6.

Incidently I´m taking the TR6 down to CTM on the 16th to have them set up the wheel alignment and change a leaking pinion oil seal.

Regards

Nick

Hi Andrew & Nick

I also have a heretage shell that I bought from Moss some 10 or 11 years ago

It has been in a mothballed state for a number of years due to family stuff so progress has been slow as far as my rebuild has gone.

The re-build kicked off again about three years ago and I'm at the stage of fitting windows, windscreen and dashboard and wiring. Engine, Gearbox and suspension is all done.

Once I figure how I shall post some photos to give you an idea of what it is like and what I had work from.

Cheers Tim