Throttle linkage

Hi Guys - tried old posts but not come up with anything so looking to pick the TR6 knowledge bank again.

I have a problem with my throttle linkage assembly on my Pi 1973 CR car. The top swivel post has worn badly and is causing the throttle to rest at c 2000rpm. I've removed the item and taken pics (see below) to show wear. As you can see as well as the wear on the collar on the right side the thread is shot so a new one is due. The bottom swivel post isn't worn and still available through Moss / Rimmer however the top & typically that's the one I need isn't available anymore. Does anyone have a spare lying around or can anyone suggest an alternative component / other supply.

Much appreciated

post-8308-126915534048_thumb.jpg

post-8308-126915534048_thumb.jpg

Edited by waterhouses

Hi Guys - tried old posts but not come up with anything so looking to pick the TR6 knowledge bank again.

I have a problem with my throttle linkage assembly on my Pi 1973 CR car. The top swivel post has worn badly and is causing the throttle to rest at c 2000rpm. I've removed the item and taken pics (see below) to show wear. As you can see as well as the wear on the collar on the right side the thread is shot so a new one is due. The bottom swivel post isn't worn and still available through Moss / Rimmer however the top & typically that's the one I need isn't available anymore. Does anyone have a spare lying around or can anyone suggest an alternative component / other supply.

Much appreciated

Much appreciated

See reply on the main forum.

Edited by smizgals

Sent PM about linkage

Just like to say a massive thanks to Delboy who sent me his spare upper swivel post and wouldn't accept any money. It was posted after we had a good chat on Sunday - I received it this morning and have fitted it and am happy to report the assembly performes like new.

Just proves that forums such as this are a goldmine.

Many Thanks

Richard