Watch your cars

Thanks to the wonderful Google maps street level, what looks to be a TR4 or 5 in primrose is shown outside the owners house in Harpenden... complete with your post code. This was posted on another motoring forum, as some bright spark decided to start a thread on car spotting :angry:

Be warned chaps :(

PM me for more info.

I've reported the thread to the mods on there - hopefully they will see sense.

Edited by trfella

Thanks to the wonderful Google maps street level, what looks to be a TR4 or 5 in primrose is shown

outside the owners house in Harpenden... complete with your post code.

This was posted on another motoring forum, as some bright spark decided to start a thread on car spotting :angry:

Be warned chaps :(

I've reported the thread to the mods on there - hopefully they will see sense.

The dangers are obvious - a timely warning to all.

BUT - if the mods simply remove the posting, the criminals will still know about it

but the innocent will not. Better to have everyone know about the dangers.

AlanR

Big Brother Google needs a few bombs under his spy cars. Something useful for the Irish dissident whatevers to apply themselves to, keep themselves in practice for the next round of political shenanigans ?

At least the stuff is well out of date, as I can see from the shots of my garages and parking lots . . . . and my garden is long enough for the house and garages to be under different postcodes :P

Cheers,

Alec

Hi Guys

There is a section on Google maps where you can request the image of your premises to be removed.

I have done this as I feel it is very invasive. If you look at the image of your property and click on the link at the bottom, you can remove your image, they will ask a few question as to why you want to be removed, but hey a small price to pay and within a few days your property cannot be viewed. I know this is a pain, but if we all did it across the globe, Google would have wasted there time in driving around the streets wasting time and money

The car in my driveway has long gone and I am about to paint the front door a different colour so that will confuse the thieves. I actually think that if you are a thief, whether or not google shows a particular car to be in a driveway is irrelevant, if google can drive along your street so can the car thieves.

I dont think google pictures will cause many sleepless nights for the sensible.

When Google announced that their house photos were now available in the Montreal area, they (or someone else) put up a photo of a very nice house that they said was a Google photo taken by their van in London, England. From the sidewalk there was a very high stone wall with a complex and very fancy ironwork decoration up that wall. We could see a guy climbing up the fancy ironwork. A note added that when the family came home that evening, they found that a robber had been in the house. Someone mentioned to them and to the police that they had seen this house on Google. The final part of the story it that the police tracked down the robber from the photo of him clibming the wall in the Google photo.

Well, the mods clearly don't give a damn, and have let the thread continue.

My concerns were some of the rare cars posted on there on people's driveways. I didn't have a problem with dealer stock or someone out in their P&J, but a very large motoring forum linking to people's addresses I didn't feel comfortable with.

There you go then... Democracy.

Edited by trfella
  • 2 weeks later...