TR7 Jag IRS conversion

Just an update for those who are curious.

The Jag IRS sub frame is going together quite well. All the measurements look really good. I will have plenty of clearance for the gas tank and the exhaust will have plenty of room to go through the sub frame and above the stub axles. Also the brake pads will be easy to change. I could'nt have planned it any better, even if I had planned it! heh

If you wanna see latest pics of progress, check my site.

That looks like a great conversion. Impressed!!!! Good shell as well. To mount that subframe are toy going to tie into the original axle pick ups or add new ones to the chassis legs? (or a combination?)

Andy

That looks like a great conversion. Impressed!!!! Good shell as well. To mount that subframe are toy going to tie into the original axle pick ups or add new ones to the chassis legs? (or a combination?)

Andy

Thanks Andy,

I am going to weld on a 1/4 in thick, U shaped bracket around the frame rail with a leg that comes down about 3 inches with a hole in it for the bushed pin that will go in each end of the IRS sub frame.

I will make a custom trailing arm that will tie in the Jag control arm to the original TR trailing arm mount point on the body.

The pics on this page ERA Jag SubFrame will give you a good idea of how it is going to work.

Looks great, even simpler to mount than i expected......

Can't wait to hear how it handles. Good news on my front as well, got my 3.9 Tr7V8 tested last night so it is up to get rolling roaded next, as soon as i mount lambda probes in the exhausts.

Cheers

Andy

Not definitely yet, considering a S&S subframe to lower the engine, but i am playing this against the also lowered exhaust & gearbox. Ground clearance isn't brilliant anyway.......This would allow me to use the immaculate double bulge bonnet i have which is already painted. Mmmm decisions....

Also concerned that my exhaust manifolds will clash with the steering column. I have looked at Shogun/Pajero bulges, but haven't studied the Patrol one yet ,which model year are you looking at?

Car is now MOT'ed by the way, so progress is being made, it looks kind of Mad Max with a blue bonnet on a yellow car and a hole with the plenum poking out....:laugh:

Guest pilbaratr7

Hi Andrew,

The 2.8L now 3.0L turbo diesel  Nissan patrol in Australia have had the bonet scoop for a while(6-8 years, not sure as I,m a Land Rover Discovery person). Over here in Australia they use the Nissan scoop on TOYota's with aftermarket turbo's and intercoolers. The Nissan scoop looks like it would fit the  TR7 single bulge bonet pretty good. And it looks pretty good too.

Regards

Glen.  :)