Rimmer brake kit!

Has anyone fitted a rimmer bros big brake kit to their Tr8.

I am looking for some alternative  make of discs for mine.The kit is Vitesse based calipers but certainly not Vitesse discs.The discs and hub adapters supplied were running at 10 thou out on a dial gauge so have been returned.

I remember this being discussed on the TR8CCA website and I think the consensus was ethier Jaguar or Toyota. Were their any numbers on the disk at all?

I have the Prinny 4 pots on solids and I made a note of the numbers to hunt down what they are off of but haven't found them yet, but will....

Jim

Guest stagmann
I've got prinny fours on solids but with a six wheel Sherpa van servo and master cylinder. A direct replacement and readily available for rebuilding in your local breakers yard. Try it. You will be impressed. {ps. take it home for your rebuild. Don't do it in the yard}   :D
Guest JohnG

I have Capri 2.8 calipers ,EBC vented and grooved discs , green stuff pads and a sdi /sherpa servo and master cylinder resulting in an excellent set of brakes .

If you are using 4 pots a good idea is to have the piston chambers linked ,this will enable you to have one feed hose per side.