• 16 years later...

Hi Richard,

I know you posted this in 2004 but I've only just seen it! That was our family car believe it or not. My dad Norman Pearson bought this car brand new when I was 4 years old in 1966 and part-exed it in 1969 for a VW Variant. I used to go in the tiny back seat, I'd get under the rolled-up roof it was freezing! It had the steel wheels with the world badge hubcap, not wire wheels. I'm pretty sure it didn't have the overdrive gearbox back then. We lived in Lymm when he first bought it and then we moved to Formby. I remember dad saying there was rust coming from inside in the front wings around the headlight housings before we sold it, I believe this is a common problem. The speed limit was 70 everywhere except in built up areas back then. I remember the kick going from 30-70 and my dad explaining about accelerator pumps! That car went to Brittany once and down to Provence a couple of times in the 60s. I can see this car is for sale at the moment in Berlinetta Auctions in Sussex (guide price 18k) and on ebay. I'm tempted but I don't think I could fork out that much for it, be good to get it back in the family though!

Cheers, Tim