Buying a TR4 for restoration...

They could be hinges for the glovebox.

Can you give us an idea of size, it is difficult to tell from the picture.

Cheers

Graeme

Edited by graeme

The dash is Spa White, which is an off-white. I recall seing the mix for it recently - a little yellow and black added. If you have any original paint left on the dash, you can match that. I had some under the instrument panel in the middle of the dash, and we matched that colour. Someon here may have the formula for Spa White.

Okay, I have to admit that I knew they were glove box hinges - it was a little test!

As for the colour...thanks for the info - I wonder if there is an easily available simular colour out there? Maybe I'll just prepare today and paint when I have found a source...

Thanks!

Randall

When I painted the dash on my TR4 I went down to the local motor factors with the glovebox lid and looked through their bombs of spray paint till I found the closest match. I then painted the dash with it.

Cheers

Alan

Is a 350kg engine stand adequate for a TR4 engine? Also - which tyres can I used - they are 15" and 165 wide but what about the depth??? I really don't want to spend £165 each - surely there is something more reasonably priced?

Edited by randall977

Cellulose or 2K Signal Red?

Personally Cellulose. but thats up to you. and not red but thats also up to you ;)

Stuart.

Anybody know what paint code Signal Red is - it seems to come up as RAL3001 - is this correct?

Triumph code 32 should give you the modern equivalent with any paint factors.

Stuart.

Thanks for the encouragement - it is a lot of work but it's not as bad as it looks. My biggest task will be preparing the bodywork for the respray. It's actually quite refreshing to work on this after doing quite a few Audi's over the last 10 years - it's simple mechanically!

Can anybody tell me what this is from (below)? Also the oil filter housing has the remains of green paint on it - is this the original colour and does anybody know what colour it is...or have a photo of an original?

4442940486_a0f841a3b7_o.jpg

I can tell you its not a TR one! ;) Oil filter housings were green but I dont have an original one here at the moment as they are all being snapped up now to replace the leaky spin on conversions ;)

Stuart.

Hmmm, wonder what it's from then? It may not be a TR one but it had some very nice internal parts which went in my TR one! As regards the filter housing - I don't understand why you would want a spin on filter - they're horrible in every way! Well I guess I will just have to find a match for the green - I'm planning to paint the block red and the head black (inspire by the unfinished project 4a on eBay at the mo) - will green clash??? :blink: