TR7 Parts

Guest dolomiteman

Guest dolomiteman

I've had a bit of a clearout this weekend and found a propshaft (off a 5 speed if it makes any difference?) and a couple of inlet manifolds (8v) that are/will be of no further use to me.

Any use to anyone to save me listing them on eBay? Offers of beer money in exchange appreciated.

Also have a 16v exhaust manifold that I think I will put on eBay

Guest dolomiteman

Hello Dave,

"Non standard" bits you will need for the Sprint engine in a '7 if it hasn't already been in a '7 are the manifold, mountings, fan spiggott,sump pan, flywheel and starter. I can supply all of these. The original Sprint '7s had a different water jacket plate at the rear of the head which directly supplied the heater - if you can find one of these; good luck!

If you are fitting the LT77 5 speed gearbox instead of the Sprint o/d one you will need to remove the alloy sandwich plate which will be bolted onto the backplate of the engine.

I can also find you a fairly decent dizzy cap (new ones come on eBay once in awhile but get expensive) or the Triumph Dolomite Club supply replacement cap and leads sets which in my opinion are better anyway. Waterpumps are the same as a '7, but again I have good second hand ones around.

Mail me direct if you want to take this further....

Al