TR6 Spare Tire Cover

I thought I had seen a seller on Ebay that sold reproduction spare tire covers. I think was also making the console kidney pads. Anyone know where I can find this guy? I know they're available on the retail but would also be interested in a good used one or how to make one. Thanks in advance.

Art aka Renoman

I've looked all over Ebay different ways and can't find him. Can you help? Even some detailed pics of one with the dimensions of the various components would help, that way I can probably make one.

Art

Hi Art.

He was and may still be on the USA Ebay site!

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Moss or Victoria and TRF all have them. I think the least expensive was $159. There's one on Ebay right now. I think one can easily be made and save a considerable amount of money. Additionally, I running 205-60x15 tires and I think the height of one in the spare tire carrier may be a little tall for the stock cover, not really sure though. I plan on making one at this point.

Art

Kidney pads are very easy to make.

Cut out a pattern out of cardboard. Once fitted trace on to 1/4" plywood sand the edges apply cotton badding with spray adheasive. I then covered mine with the material from the back of the seats I just replaced I then folded the material over and stapled on the inside. I also removed the old piping from the seats (Note making fresh piping is easy if you have a sewing machine)and attached to the new panels around the outside. Easy 2 hour project.

Joseph