Back from Daytona and Jag IRS work begins!

Hey guys,

Just got back last night after spending the weekend with Hillary in Daytona Beach. I had a great time!

This was my first time in Daytona and I would have to say that I prefer it over Padre Island or Myrtle Beach.

The beach was cleaner, larger and the water was clearer. Hotel accommodations at Hampton Daytona Shores

were excellent and in bringing Hillary, the company was superior. They no longer rent jet skis on the ocean side

beacause of the high surf which sucks because high surf is the only reason I wanted to rent the skis but you can't have everything!

Anyways, back to the TR7. I pulled out the Jag IRS and started disassembling it today for rebuilding and

repainting. I did some more measuring and found that I won't have to shorten the stub axles or the lower arms!

From hub to hub, the Jag is only 3.5 inches wider that the TR differential. I am going to be flaring the rear

fenders about 4 inches per side like the early versions of the Grinnall cars and this will allow for about a 3inch

outer lip on the Compomotive wheels that will be custom made so there is some room to play with in the

offset of the wheels. With the flare on the fenders I am currently planning to use, a 16" X 9" wide wheel will

fit the rear with ease but I might just go a hair more on the flair and stuff a 10" wide wheel out back.

The Jag IRS came out of an 89 XJS convertible with less than 70K miles so I think I will just replace the

U-joints on the axles and the clutches in the LSD and be good to go. The hubs feel tight and smooth and

will usually last well over 100-130K miles so I will leave them alone, also they are a pain to rebuild, heh.