Light switches on doors

Haven't had any interior lights on any of the 4a's that I've owned. I wonder if your car was equipped originally w/a Surrey Top. I've seen two of those with interior lights on both of the sides (c-pillar?) that were from the factory (or so it appeared as both were in the same location) but those were early TR4's. Here in the states, a West Coast dealer marketed a model of the 4/4a as a Sebring GT, sold strictly as a coupe (equipped with the metal section of the surrey, but no softop/surrey provision) to leverage off of Kas Kastner's success at Sebring. These too may have had interior lights installed as part of the Sebring package.

Other than that, someone may have utilized a setup off a TR6 because they wanted interior lights. I'm thinking of doing this with the 5.

Hope this helps, or at least gives you some something to try to track down?!

Best of luck...Dan

I do not know if this is a standard fitment for US cars, but it is the route I have taken to fit door switches to my 4A.

I have fitted an interior light in the middle of the rear cabin panel (immediately in front of the fuel tank). It looks OK there.

My ex-USA 4A has switches on the A posts beside the hinges for interior lights. Was this standard for US cars or peculiar to mine? Interested to know where the lights would have been mounted.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...