How to fit rings on piston

Hello,

I am fitting County rings on piston and have no problem with rings set 1 and 2

But do not see how to fit the third set labeled 5600-D3 and composed of 4 rings: 2 flats one ondulated and another octogonal.

Can someone tell me how to have this set properly assembled on the piston ?

Regards,

Guy Notte

post-896-125936135615_thumb.jpg

post-896-125936135615_thumb.jpg

This bottom 3 part ring is usually fitted first. Fit the serrated bit first making sure the ends butt together ( sometimes painted red or yellow so you can clearly see both ends ) Then fit the two flat rings above and below. BUT oopps, did you say 4 parts?? cant think what that is - maybe an option to fit either - or different piston types. No wonder no one has replied. Looking again at your pic I think you can totaly ignore that Oct' part, something that shape has no place in a round bore :blink:

Edited by Steve Knight

Hello,

I am fitting County rings on piston and have no problem with rings set 1 and 2

But do not see how to fit the third set labeled 5600-D3 and composed of 4 rings: 2 flats one ondulated and another octogonal.

Can someone tell me how to have this set properly assembled on the piston ?

Regards,

Guy Notte

They look like Cord rings http://www.cordsduaflex.com/index.html

hello,

you got it Rod they are Deves rings, they were included in a liners & pistons kit, the pistons are labeled County.

Just in case your picture disappear the website with full instructions is www.deves.com

Once again this forum proved his efficiency.

Thank you all for taking care of my problem.

Regards, Guy

Its interesting this post, I am in virtually the same position as Guy and have a new set of County pistons & liners. Again the rings have been supplied separately and although I haven't opened the pack yet, mine certainly don't look like Deves rings, they have a more conventional oil scraper.

Why would that be?

Rgds Ian

My pistons and liners were County make, 87mm, supplied in 2005, rings by Deves. They may have a different ring supplier nowadays

Hi Guy, no connection with the company but Deves rings are great......... octaganol spacer goes first,then the first plain ring(resting at the bottom of the piston groove followed by the convoluted ring (outside the octaganol ring), finally the second plain ring(between the convoluted ring and the top of the piston groove).

Have tried to attach a Devis instruction sheet.

Cheers Rob

Hi Guy, no connection with the company but Deves rings are great......... octaganol spacer goes first,then the first plain ring(resting at the bottom of the piston groove followed by the convoluted ring (outside the octaganol ring), finally the second plain ring(between the convoluted ring and the top of the piston groove).

Have tried to attach a Devis instruction sheet.

Cheers Rob

inst.zip

inst.zip