Minilite Replica's?

Hi everyone,

Having just acquired our Royal blue TR4A (1967), c/w with painted wire wheels in good condition, I feel that I will be changing to the Minilite replica's on offer at The TRShop at £330. I would prefer to change the hubs from the spline fitting, to a traditional flange mounting.

My question is: Is the source of wheel purchase as good as it gets? also, is there somewhere better for flanges too??

What advice on tyre selection, bearing in mind the wheel arch situation? Trying to avoid complications/c**k ups!

Help required ;thanks all.

Hi Jana

I would sugest that the offer from TR shop is about as good as it gets for replica minilites. Unless you are thinking of serious competition they are more that up to the job

You will have to remove the splined adaptors, this leaves the standard disc wheel hub that will accept the 4 bolt minilites with the only requirement of the standard length wheel studs. (The studs are shorter, or ground down, when using splined hubs so the studs dont foul the back of the wire wheel) There are no additional flanges.

The general consensus is 185 width on 5.5 j wheels with 65 or 70 profile to give the same rolling circumference as the standard 165 by 80 profile.

While I like the looks of the wires on my 4A they are dificult to get on with, and I will get around to changing them to minilites at some stage.

Regards

Dale

Edited to add Dont forget to find an old steel wheel to use as a spare

Edited by Dale  Moore