V8 up and running

Guest stagman

Guest stagman
The V8 conversion is done and the car  is totally bonkers. What I need now is another power steering set up. Does anyone know of a rack that will fit an S&M subframe or am I going to have to source an original subframe to put my old PAS set up on. Has anyone looked at doing a conversion that powers the  steering column like the set up [i think]  on a Citroen Saxo.(am I allowed to mention those on here?)

Stagman.  The whole S&M (S&S) philosophy with their subframes is to save space and not have PAS.  To be fair the steering isn't that heavy anyway.  You might want to do a search on this forum using the word 'Sierra'.  I believe using Sierra thrust bearings can lighten up the steering significantly.

Glad you are motoring now anyway.  What a car the TR7V8 is  :)

From my experience of Saxo owners, most of them would rather have a V8 TR7 anyway!

Malcolm.

Guest stagmann

Malcolm.

I did a search for Sierra and the only thing i managed to do was to block myself from adding any posts hence the slightly different user name.

Can you shed some light on the Sierra set up?

The sierra bearings fit just below the strut top mount at the top of the shock absorber.They are very cheap,about £6 but dont know the part numbers as John Gibson gave them to me.They make a big difference on my TR7 FHC so would imagine the difference on a TR7 V8 would be greater.

Stagman(n)

I am currently looking into an S&S type lowered engine mount subframe to replace my very good condition factory (I believe) Tr8 subframe. I would be prepared to make a straight swap for a similar condition S&S low mount frame if you are interested stagman(n)

My frame is complete, not rotten & has been seam welded all round the base to strengthen it. It is painted black.

Interested? Only costs would be postage each way.

Mail me if you want to discuss off line.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...